Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 46 11-12-2007 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
man those links are great (and informative and instructive) anyone stuck for a model (or using 'work' as an excuse not to) should check out these links.., really.., some great ortho views.

page 3 btw user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 47 11-12-2007 , 09:08 PM
hehe nah your still beating me. Was there a hidden message in that last post!!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 48 12-12-2007 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
theres a hidden message in all your posts user added image ill look again !

# 49 12-12-2007 , 02:13 PM
Subscriber
heres another try.., just blocking it out.., trying differant tools., this looks more a sports plane..,err.., maybe sometime soon.., i hope ??

Attached Thumbnails

# 50 12-12-2007 , 02:50 PM
Oh kool your modelling the "Flying Sausage". They were a bit slow for my liking though user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 51 12-12-2007 , 07:54 PM
Subscriber
sausage?? what would Freud say about that I wonder.., ?? or maybe another 'hidden meaning'.. LOL?? :ZZZ:

anyway, speaking of weather, or what ever.., HERES the latest user added image

user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 52 12-12-2007 , 08:10 PM
Hidden messages? To tell the truth I'm a sausage salesman and am trying to get people to buy more sausages. How did you know!!!

Looks a lot better. Now it looks like a nuclear missile with wings. :p I'd hate to be the pilot for that plane.

What happened to the other plane? What happened to the dwarf chucking? What happened to the star wars theme? Man you change your mind easily. ahaha

# 53 13-12-2007 , 10:26 AM
Subscriber
yea.., i change my mind alot.., bad case of ADD user added image user added image

its sausage..? it a missile..? no its simply an attempt at modelling.., and not a particularly good one

hows the website?? hows your model?? is that a gun in your pocket or are you just enchanted with my thread?user added image :zzz: user added image :bow:

# 54 13-12-2007 , 10:40 AM
ADD. Not good.

My model is on hold remember! Your attempt is good but I prefer the other attempt. The spitfire look a like.

I like the word "enchanted". reminds me of fairy dust and pi.... I'm just gonna stop there.

# 55 13-12-2007 , 12:30 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Not bad, Though i have to agree with Louis56, i preferred your earlier attempt. This one seems a tad bit too cartoonish, and a bit too basic for my liking.

Have you been using Refs?

Well, keep on working on it, and make sure you stick to the refs, and when you get something you start to like... don't trash it and start something totally new....... or you'll never finish a model.

Good Luck user added image

Oh, one more thing. How long have you been doing this?

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 56 13-12-2007 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
err, really its a bit early to say much..., ts only a couple of hours work?? personally i thought it coming along fine.., especially considering it an albatross.., hence the shape..,

but i appreciate your thoughts and funnily enough i have been playing around with the other one.., more because im on the PC.., anyway here is a few minor changes

Attached Thumbnails

# 57 13-12-2007 , 06:41 PM
Lookin good! I don't see no albatross. Reminds me of Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Next you'll be modelling a boat!

# 58 15-12-2007 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber
umm, i can see why this is called a challenge forum user added image its a challenge just being here user added image

rine of the ancient mariner.., i should google that, maybe one day, sounds like a good yarn.

actually, i was thinking of a pirate boat race..!!! but i dont think i could model a parrot??

no albotross, the one above is the other one..,the one before is blocking out of an albotross, im thinking of having both in a race.., low poly game like.., not high resolution.., im not very good compared to people here.., i study film, not 3D.., this is a hobby.., ive even passed work on because im not good enough., at least i know it.

ive been too sick to do any modelling lately, maybe some later

hows the site?? any action on the other threads.., where is the best models

# 59 15-12-2007 , 05:38 AM
Rime of the ancient mariner is a poem. And strangely the song "Rime of the ancient mariner" by Iron Maiden just came on. WIERD

It's also my favourite song.

A pirate boat race? You've changed your mind again!!!

Last edited by louis56; 15-12-2007 at 05:55 AM.
# 60 15-12-2007 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
no mate, just joking user added image i might have a go at the albatross.., means hooking onto another computer but.., back soon