Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 15-12-2007 , 07:33 AM
You better be joking.

Why all the computers? Can't you just choose one already!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 62 15-12-2007 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber
why the computers?? a long story.., starts at uni.., i got a PC when i started.., but it turns out the programs used at uni are all mac based.., well the main one.., Final Cut Pro. because some movies take a long time i got a mac to do work at home instead of being at uni until 3am every night. Pro-Tools and FCP are on the Mac. in this age it pays to be proficient on both and not join the PC/Mac juvenile war.

i have a lot of other apps graphics and music.., and office stuff on the PC.., hence all the computers. its a student/work thing. also i dont waste money on booze and dope.., i waste it on computers and associated equipment..., computers last longer and it pleases me. simple! if i dont get work at least i can have fun.., and i got them at student prices.., as i did my apps. ill be paying them off for another 12 months at $50 a week, the wonders of credit?!

Im giving up on the albatross.., im getting very weird results with nurbs on the Mac.., the trim tool leaves the whole body black with white splotches (looks like weight painting) and when i render it it is not there at all/

the Boolean tool only does one operation no matter what setting i use.., and look at this shot.., i smoothed the wing out of curiosity and then took it back to nurbs.., nut in the view it didnt change.., but when i render.., its back to nurbs.., im wondering do i need to run a repair.., i may have done something using maintenance tools on the HDD.

this is what happens if a model is not thought through before touching the computer (minus the fact maya has suddenly become so buggy, maybe its my inexperience with nurbs, i usually use polys??)

any help with these werid results would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 63 15-12-2007 , 11:08 AM
Subscriber
seems nothing wrong with maya at all.., must be i forgot to delete history.., thats why i should plan out first.., live and learn user added image

the boolean on nurbs seems to work differently than polys?? live and learn again.

# 64 17-12-2007 , 01:40 AM
Merry christmas!!! It's been a very cool christmas up in the sunshine coast! Not hot at all.

Looks like you are progressing. Too bad the albatross will be no more user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 65 18-12-2007 , 12:34 AM
Subscriber
yo, Xmas tp you to dude! weather here is fine today.., hope all went well for you. the albatross.., well i realized that i had converted it to sub-Ds.., no wonder it was doing what it was doing.., for some reason i thought it was still nurbs.., i think the last 3 months at uni knocked me somewhat.., im still exhausted actually.

might still have a crack at it but now a plan is forming (dangerous).., i might put pen to paper and come up with a concept.., more an at,sphere than a model.., an environment.., ill try and sketch out a plan and put it HERE (LOL) when i get back from town.., today is the last day to pay a dam speeding fine (the last thing i needed)

Muser added image

# 66 24-12-2007 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
what !!! 939 hits have on this thread.., 939 hits of disappointment.., well.., i guess i better get on with it

i have a new plan.., a dart game.., if the camera angle is correct, i do my previz, do my research and reference.., careful with the lighting.., this will look good.., im working on it over the next two days and ill have a reference here soon.

i wouldnt expect to place.., but it should look OK

# 67 24-12-2007 , 02:21 PM
Well I decided to stop posting and let you do some work. BUT YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND AGAIN??????!!!!!!

Darts is boring user added image

# 68 24-12-2007 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
good God ITS BACK LOL, why doesnt it surprise me it took about 2 minutes??

user added image

# 69 24-12-2007 , 02:44 PM
PHP Code:
<?php 
$text 
$_GET['action']; 
echo 
$text
?>
Just testing out that thing ^^

Are you gonna say something relevant or am I gonna nag you about an albatross!!!

# 70 24-12-2007 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
'something relavent'

# 71 24-12-2007 , 03:03 PM
you smart ass

# 72 24-12-2007 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber
a joker, not a fighter.., a smart arse.., not usually.., i thought it was funny.., sorryuser added image

some can dish it out.., but .., well.., whatever!! what was i supposed to say.., dont have my book of witty answers with me

im doing darts.., boring or not??? (is that 'relavent)

Last edited by mirek03; 24-12-2007 at 03:21 PM.
# 73 24-12-2007 , 03:09 PM
Hahaha i was saying it in a joking way. No need to get upset. Maybe play some darts. user added image

# 74 24-12-2007 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
i like this image.., any comments that are 'relavent.'

Attached Images

# 75 24-12-2007 , 03:35 PM
Nice. But its a bit boring