Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-10-2008 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber

selecting the lattice

i've been getting into the habit of using a lattice to shape my geometry, which i learned from the apache tutorial and has been good for my modelling practice. but I have a slight problem with it. When i put a lattice round a cube, say, if i select all the verts on the cube and then create lattice, the lattice created is exactly the same size as the cube. I then cant select the lattice because every time i try to click on one of its edges i select the cube instead. Is there a trick to doing this without scaling down the cube itself?

# 2 08-10-2008 , 11:01 AM
Going to wireframe usualy does it, or select both the latice nodes and scale them ever so slightly so its bigger. Or lock off selections.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 08-10-2008 , 11:01 AM
use the picking mask on your status line to make sure geometry isnt selected. Check out your help files for more info.