Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-09-2011 , 11:24 AM
Acid44

OldHippieTom's Murcielago

Came across this file in the resources area, decided to render it.

There's still one running with a forest road environment, will post that when it's done.

These are all from Keyshot's realtime rendering, so there's not much in the way of anti aliasing and such. Also, I got some of the materials wrong, paint where there should be mesh, and shit like that. But oh well, came out good

EDIT: Added the other one.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Acid44; 09-09-2011 at 11:29 AM.
# 2 09-09-2011 , 05:25 PM
The thin red line
Looking good Acid, the last one the background looks like a matt painting you could try a zdepth pass or blur filter to bring it together, I think Tom would have liked the idea of people using his stuff in this way............dave

Last edited by daverave; 09-09-2011 at 05:28 PM.
# 3 09-09-2011 , 06:56 PM
Acid44
Can't seem to sort the background for the life of me. May have another go at it after some reading about proper rendering

Thanks, and yeh, hope he would

# 4 09-09-2011 , 07:06 PM
The thin red line
If you have photoshop or after effects its better to comp out in one of those ........dave

# 5 09-09-2011 , 08:25 PM
Acid44
I have Photoshop, but I'm pretty rubbish with comping, Especially with Keyshot, the way it outputs alpha channels seems to be dependent on the lighting, which includes indirect and such, so it can be a pain... That is one of the things I'm planning on learning soon though. We shall see user added image

# 6 09-09-2011 , 08:51 PM
The thin red line
Try some thing simple save out your car as a ps file and another file for your background, in photoshop with the car on top of the background just play about with the capasity and fill to help blend the car into the background then go to motion blur (in filters) and change the direction of the blur...........dave