Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-11-2015 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber

Moving UV Shell Problem and performance

Hi All

I am just working on UVing the Dinosaur from Daves Tutorial and have come across an interesting problem.

I have UV'd the character and have everything on one patch. Now I have to move the pieces to there respective patches in preperation for Mari.

Right clicking in the UV Editor Window and selecting shell then selecting a shell to move, then moving it causes other parts of of other things to move also. (see the image after a shell move)

I can however select a single UV point, hold CTRL and right click and select shell and then move it without any issues, although i still have the performance issue.

Hope someone can assist

Cheers Myth

Attached Thumbnails

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1

Last edited by mythandra; 15-11-2015 at 06:35 PM.
# 2 15-11-2015 , 11:23 PM
SM Tea Boy
Looks like you are working on a smooth mesh preview press 1 to unsmooth then move the Uv's you should fine your performance issues clear right up.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 16-11-2015 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
hmmm - i would have never thought of that to be honest user added image I wouldn't have thought that would have made a difference to the UVs lol I will try that when i get home.

Many thanks Dave.

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1