Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-10-2005 , 05:43 PM

PLE not responding

Im using PLE 6.
On a P4 3.0Ghz
512 ram
Intel integrated graphics.
XP Pro SP2

The problem starts after PLE loads, but when I go to click
on anything, PLE crashes and Task manager says, the program is not responding and then PLE shuts down.

Im shore this is because of the Intel graphics.
Note: I only have PCI slots available and Im looking at
a PNY Geforce FX5500 card.

Thanks guys,
shane

# 2 23-10-2005 , 06:08 AM
Subscriber
well, its not like your useing an old machine. So the graphics card, even though its built into the mother board, by the sounds of your discription, should work ok for maya.
I mean if there are any issues with the card, usually you just get some funny graphics displayed in your perp view or something. So i have douts its not your card thats causing it to crash.
But thats just my thoughts i may be wrong.
Have you tried re-installing ? its the first thing i would be doing.
Fail that, i would even try getting your hands on another copy of maya PLE. You never know the version you have maybe corrupt for some reason.
Check these things out before you go spending heaps of money on a new card.
Also, i think on the alias website, it tell you the cards that they recommend you to use with maya, to avoid incompatiability issues.

Best of luck, :-) let us know what the problem was when you get it fixed.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 3 25-10-2005 , 04:36 PM
Dont think its your graphics card. before I upgraded my card the problems like the move, scale, rotate would only work in the persp window, and the move buttons in a ramp wouldn't work. Also hardware texturing and rendering were naff, and I couldent hardware render.

What version od the PLE have you got?

I had 6 and upgraded to 7 and then had loads of problems, none of the dynamics worked at all (particles, collisions etc).

Went back to 6 and no probs. It might be a problem with PLE 7 if thats the one your using??