Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-05-2014 , 05:33 AM
Lifetime Member

Permission to use Images

Hi, I'm preparing a demo of some of my work to submit to an online school and I'm wondering if I can use models that I've created following along with tutorials on this site (eg. Jay's alien tutorial, Rick's pirate ship).

I would definitely credit Simply Maya with the concept (eg. Surfing Alien; Created using tutorial created by ‘Simply Maya’ (simplymaya.com), modelled and rendered in Maya, detailed and textured in ZBrush) but I have actually followed the tutorial and made my own.

Also I'll be including original pieces to show that I can model without just following along to a tutorial.

Is this all right or not?

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 2 15-05-2014 , 06:38 AM
Technical Director
I've brought this to David's attention. Sit tight.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 15-05-2014 , 11:57 AM
SM Tea Boy
As long as you credit the original creator and say it was from a tutorial I see no problem with this.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 15-05-2014 , 10:05 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi David, Thanks very much. I'll definitely credit the original creator and Simply Maya.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 5 21-07-2014 , 03:03 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi, just wanted to drop in and say thanks again to Simply Maya for letting me use images of models that I have made following their tutorials for my demo I had to submit to the online school. I'm very excited to say that I've been accepted and have now begun my course.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 6 30-07-2014 , 06:52 PM
Administrator
Hi MrYeti,

Congratulations and good luck with the school. I hope you learn lots of useful things and have a great time.

Cheers,
Nilla