Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-11-2014 , 11:33 PM

After using bridge tool can't select whole edge

Hello,
I'm using Maya 2013 and after bevel tool on curves (letters) i'm used bridge tool! Every think works corrent till i'm wonted to select whole edge loop or ring! It's impossible to do it! Double click selects only one edge not whole edge loop?

Why?

Sorry for my English! I don't write a lot in that language ;-)

Thanks,
BAD COMMAND user added image

# 2 22-11-2014 , 09:58 AM
The thin red line
Could you show a screen shot................dave

# 3 22-11-2014 , 11:39 AM
1. So I select two edges

2.Make a connection by using bridge tool

3.And after that operation I wonted to select whole edge (edge loop) between two newly created faces but like I said its impossible becouse its selecting (after double click) only one edge (newly created) or (after double click) on edges maded earlier, loop with edges created earlier.

Thanks,
BAD COMMAND

PS. Sorry I maded screen shots but I dont know how to upload them from my hard drive! user added image

Last edited by BAD COMMAND; 22-11-2014 at 11:52 AM.
# 4 22-11-2014 , 12:00 PM
The thin red line

# 5 23-11-2014 , 01:46 AM
OK! I know that I can do it in that way. But did you know why it's happening? Is it only in Maya 2013 or in all versions? As I remember when I installed 2015 there wasn't such a problem. If of course we say that this is a problem. It's flustrates me becouse I like to have integrated mesh with all edges and faces or vertexes working together as one user added image

Oh, I forget I'm added print screens you asked for user added image

Thanks,
BAD COMMAND user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 09-12-2014 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
I think I had this similar problem recently, was in maya 2014 so not a version issue -

if i remember correctly, after bridging I had an inverted normal and this was stopping the whole edge loop being cleanly selected on a double click.

to check a model I go to display - polygons - face normals, and then also turn on face centers from that menu.

I also make the normals size quite short (display-polygons-normals size) if i need to, so that I can clearly see each small normals spike coming directly out of each face center and check for orientation (if they are long then sometimes an inverted normal eventually comes out through a different face and can look confusing)

nicky.

# 7 10-12-2014 , 10:45 AM
check if there are some unmerged vertices.