Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-01-2013 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber

First model

Hey all! Not sure if this is the right place to post or not. But just completed my first Maya Model(I've just started this month). I used to model in HASH A:M a few years ago, and finally picked up maya to give it a shot. I think it went pretty well, much slower than I thought hehe. I still have some cleaning up to, and get the poly count lower I think. But I think its not bad, I've got all quads mostly I believe...andddd yeahh ")

Any thoughts? user added image

Sorry the pics seem to be a bit blurry maybe...you can look at em

https://east5ide.com/images/maya/freaky1.jpg
https://east5ide.com/images/maya/freaky2.jpg

user added image:

user added image:

Last edited by millej23; 30-01-2013 at 05:09 AM.
# 2 30-01-2013 , 10:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
great start, I think a couple more loops around the arms would be good, and also watch that shoulder/neck area, it looks a bit strange with the smooth on it, just check with the smooth off and make sure you have a good edge flow there, you may need a little tweak there, also round out the hands a bit more they look very square, but otherwise coming along nicely!

Jay

# 3 31-01-2013 , 02:44 AM
Subscriber

great start, I think a couple more loops around the arms would be good, and also watch that shoulder/neck area, it looks a bit strange with the smooth on it, just check with the smooth off and make sure you have a good edge flow there, you may need a little tweak there, also round out the hands a bit more they look very square, but otherwise coming along nicely!

Jay

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! The hands def do need work. I'll continue to work on it! user added image

Good to know i'm headed in the right direction...