Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-01-2013 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber

Inspired by the environments in mists of pandaria

Fast project, was fun

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-01-2013 , 02:38 AM
Subscriber
Is this finished ?? - If so wrong forum.

A few crits

1) The sunlight on the grass is a little over powering
2) What`s going on at the side of the image - is it a path, or the river run dry. Both would seem a little out of place there.

Other than that nice job

# 3 22-01-2013 , 03:19 AM
Subscriber
It's not finnished. But maybe i will start a new project.

The one on the left side is a path. It's inspired by a fantasy world and therefore the grass is a bit none realistic. But in the screenshot i took out of world of warcraft there was a path like it next to a river user added image Thanks for the crits

# 4 22-01-2013 , 05:36 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
The grass needs abit of variations so that it doesn't look carpet like

# 5 22-01-2013 , 09:17 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Well the water looks nice and assuming that you are not a digital painter@ILM during the day it is a good start

# 6 23-01-2013 , 12:28 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
A great start.

I agree with a comment or two. As you say its not finished but if I may add a crit....Definatley give the grass some variation, even some more bald areas would look good with some different color grasses thrown in, brown and darker greens and height thrown in for good measure, also some scrub/brush grass would break it up nicely and add some interest. Take out the bridge at the back, one is good enough and lends itself nicely on the left of the screen. Also vary the trunk thickness on the trees. Add a tree to the right of the screen and close to the camera to help frame the shot more with over hanging branches

dont start afresh, keep tweaking...its getting there

Jay

# 7 28-01-2013 , 01:26 AM
Subscriber
Cheers for all the comments guys! Appreciate it! I didn't have that much inspiration making this picture. Took me about 2 hours to make it. But for the next one i'm making i will prolly spend a week or two. But the comments you have posted gave me alot to work with on the new picture. I have already added different grass with different shaders and different lengths and lowered the reflectivity on the grass for a more realistic feel.

# 8 06-02-2013 , 10:29 AM
Banned
Great, thanks user added image