Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-04-2007 , 06:18 AM

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 Super CobraJet

user added image

New render of a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 Super CobraJet. 3D model created and rendered with Autodesk Maya 6.5. This classic antique muscle cars is my dream hot rod/muscle car. I created this model and image as a lesson in modeling and rendering in Autodesk Maya. High poly modeling with a three image plane environment and a few garbage cans, some grass in the cracks of the concrete sidewalks and sign posts as props.

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Ralph Manis
Infinitee Designs

# 2 27-04-2007 , 06:36 AM
The car looks great, maybe a tad too reflective.

I think that the envirpnment needs a bit of work to get it to the level that would realy compliment the car as the repeating texture on the sidewalk, well repeats too much. And the road dosnet have much of a bump to it. If you get the environement right this will look great.

Great work on the car, love the details that youve put into it.

Would love to see a studio render of this beast

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 27-04-2007 , 07:07 AM
My first immediate thought as gster pointed out was the car being too reflective. the sides look as though their chrome and just reflecting the environment. Work on implementing gsters advice and you're sure to have a great piece of work.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 27-04-2007 , 07:16 AM
Senior Software Developer
Totally agree with Steve here. Also the tyre walls look like they are made from porcelain and not rubber, far too reflective, put this shader into a lambery, rubber does not give out a reflection like that. And also reduce the bump on the glass of the headlights its far too detailed.

Beyond those small details gr8 work

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 29-04-2007 , 04:02 PM

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Totally agree with Steve here. Also the tyre walls look like they are made from porcelain and not rubber, far too reflective, put this shader into a lambery, rubber does not give out a reflection like that. And also reduce the bump on the glass of the headlights its far too detailed.

Beyond those small details gr8 work

I agree, but HOLY CROW!! That's a sweet car!! I'd buy the matchbox!! It's all I could afford...

Sparticus

Expect to excell...