SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Modeling / resolution render NURBS object

Maya Modeling Everything on Modeling Techniques and Tools - NURBS, Polygons and Subdivisions Related in this Section.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

05-04-2003, 10:57 AM   #1
Arce

resolution render NURBS object
Hello,

I am working on an Mini Cooper an it's quite working.
I had one question before I wil continue. When I make an quick render on production quality the quality is much less than I see in the working area of Maya.

Is this because when I will make a final render at the end of the project I must increase the NURBS surface, create more spans on each surface?.
or
has is something to do with render globals?

Has is something to do with my model? do I already start modeling in higher detail? (for closeups).

I attached two image to explain what I mean. One image is a screenshot, one is al maya render.

Thanks for the replies!!

regards

A
25-04-2003, 10:24 PM   #2
khaavren

the jagged you see has to do with tesselation.

windows/general editors/attribute spread sheet

go to tessellation tab

turn on explicit tessellation, increase the U and V division factors (i set it to 3).
28-04-2003, 06:54 AM   #3
Arce

thanks!
Thanks a lot for your reply khaavren.

I will see how it works, I'm curently not able to test. (work)

Arce