Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-01-2004 , 05:30 PM
Subscriber

"evolution" compositing exercise

hi everyone. user added image

been working with maya for around a month now. i was asked to do a cover for this booklet for school and, given a day to work on everything, i decided to put my maya skills and compositing skills to the test.

so i made this. added a matrix-style jack to the back of the guy's head plus a small armada of ships to the background. the photo was something i obtained from a friend's photography stash this morning.

anyway, comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. although i'm pretty much done with this (have to submit it in a while user added image), i could use the pointers for my next visual fx demo. user added image

Attached Images
# 2 18-01-2004 , 06:40 AM
as the image isn't exactly diamond quality it would be in your interest to add some kind of pixelation on top of the models so that it goes well with the scene.

# 3 19-01-2004 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
I don't think pixelation is exactly what your looking for.. there isn't even any grain to the photo your composting with. Although there is a little dust and maybe a scratch. I might try to add a white dust spot hear or there on the models..

It looks really good, the only real detractor from it is that the plug on the back of the neck and the closest model is to sharp in focus. There more in focus than the human, so that makes them look like there popping off and are closer to you than the human is..

# 4 24-01-2004 , 03:48 AM
I hope you don't mind that I modified your image...

Attached Images
# 5 24-01-2004 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber
hey ribbit! user added image

i don't mind at all. user added image

actually, after reading all the suggestions here, i ran after the booklet committee and demanded to resubmit the cover file. i modified the image to look something like that, plus tweaked the lighting and contrast a bit.

thanks. user added image

# 6 04-02-2004 , 09:59 PM
Nice work

-------------------------------------------