Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-07-2006 , 12:59 PM

texturing bevelled edges

Surprized to find that my bevelled edges become transparent rather than having a texture and bump map assigned to them. Where do I proceed from here - go back and learn to apply uv mapping or is it something else?

# 2 01-07-2006 , 01:20 PM
uv mapping definately. but that would not be a very hard task, just a few planar maps and some move and stitch

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 01-07-2006 , 10:56 PM
the reason your beveled faces are transparent is cause they are create new. when creating an object its faces are mapped by default. as soon as you create new faces from beveling or extruding and such those faces have zero map area. get used to handling UVs like matt told you. UVs are not that big deal.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 4 02-07-2006 , 12:27 PM

UV Mapping it is

Thank you gentlemen, just couldn't help jumping ahead, so I will restrain myself and plod along with the tutes for mapping UV's. So much to learn - so few neurons.