Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-02-2011 , 09:07 PM

New User Question Maya (2009)

Hello everyone, please excuse me but I am new to Maya and just learning.
I have Maya 2009 version and I am now working with Polygonal primitives. After I select and create a cube on the grid, for example, I should be able to modify the subdivisions in the Channel Box under INPUT and continue on to extrude one of those faces created in the subdivision.

BUT the word INPUT does not show up to be able to make the subdivisions in the channel box after I've made the cube shape. Why? Please help.

Thanks,
Matt

# 2 02-02-2011 , 10:25 PM
EduSciVis-er
Check to make sure that construction history is turned on. It should be a page and clock icon above your shelf. Without construction history turned on, Maya will immediately forget all the settings used to create something, so you won't have input info in the channel box. Hope that helps.

# 3 02-02-2011 , 10:51 PM

Check to make sure that construction history is turned on. It should be a page and clock icon above your shelf. Without construction history turned on, Maya will immediately forget all the settings used to create something, so you won't have input info in the channel box. Hope that helps.

Stwert
I did what you said and it worked!! Thank you so much!! I was concerned about moving forward in my tutorial without first understanding that, and now I can proceed with confidence. I appreciate your time and knowledge.
Matt

# 4 02-02-2011 , 11:01 PM
EduSciVis-er
No problem, glad I could help. Welcome to Simply Maya by the way.