Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 76 21-10-2007 , 07:25 AM
JR,

Actually, if you could post a screen capture of the leg rig you have set up and a description of the way you are handling the piston/cylinder section that would be great.

-Rick

# 77 21-10-2007 , 11:00 AM
Jr.Who
Does this pic explain it for you?
user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 78 21-10-2007 , 03:25 PM
Thanks JR,

That is perfect.

Rick

# 79 07-11-2007 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber

Hydro Animation

Hiya,

i spend two Days to get a full working rig for the cude little fella. well, after all it was more than one day only to get the hydros to work.

I keyt out a short animation (no i didn't tweak any tangents) to see how it looks like.

you can DL it at

MechAnimation

Cheers
Mac

btw... maybe i am dumb as hell, but i think the rig ahead won't work well. U use a csSolver, and it will bend the hydro joint. but most interessting - how you gonna move the hydros without messing up the rest?

Attached Thumbnails

..the Force is with me (sometimes)

Last edited by mac762; 07-11-2007 at 05:41 AM.
# 80 07-11-2007 , 06:39 AM
Jr.Who
Mac762, The rig works good for me. The only problem I spotted on yours was that it leans too much to the sides when it moves.
user added image

# 81 07-11-2007 , 06:56 AM
Subscriber

just nosy

hiya,

would be really nice if you could post who you manage to slide in the hydros in a walkcycle. Since i am still a n00B in animation maybe i do something completly wrong.

I tried the rig. Parentet the hydros to the hydro joint and slided it along the y axis of the joint. Worked pretty good to the point i tried to parent the ikHandle to some control curve. The endeffctor wants to maintain its position at the controlcurve (which is correct in terms on point constraints), while the y axis slide bends the upper joint down instead of moving up in y.

I would appreaciate any hint to fix that issue.

cheers
mac

# 82 07-11-2007 , 07:04 AM
Jr.Who

Re: just nosy

Originally posted by mac762
Since i am still a n00B in animation maybe i do something completly wrong.

That makes 2 of us. user added image

# 83 07-11-2007 , 12:01 PM
It would be nice to see how someone with experience rigging would properly rig this model.

The hydros really toss a spanner into the works. I have a version that is working on mine. But I am sure it is not anywhere close to how it should really be rigged.

I plan on animating it over the winter break comming up in a couple weeks.

# 84 07-11-2007 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber

works

well, after all, it is working. I only miss more control in joint 3.
Since it is controlled via IK, i can't rotate it manually.

but... you can't have it all, do you ?user added image

Anyhow, you're right, i would love to see how, for example Kurt who's baby this is after all, would do the rig.

cheers

mac

# 85 09-11-2007 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
Nice job on those mechs! I really like the big launchers on MAC762's. I haven't even thought about texturing, let alone igging the one I'm working on yet -- looks complicated. Hopefully, using the ideas you kind folks have put forth, I'll figure it out...
:bow: