Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 04-05-2003 , 10:00 AM
for the used deck, what about the tail and nose? Shouldn't they be worn too? And if you wanna be really picky, the griptape isn't worn the same all over the board, you should know the spots. What about chips in the noses, or "razor tail" from stopping. These are just a bunch of stupid little things, but the deck looks sweet.
Personally, i think darkstar has the best graphics in the biz, mabye check a couple of those out.. here is a sweet deck https://www.darkstarwood.com/img/image10.jpg and here is my deck that i have right now.

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 32 04-05-2003 , 02:30 PM
Simply Maya OG
The tail and nose being "used", Im working on that user added image The griptape isnt wore at all. Its just noise from PSP, then grey scaled out. Razor tail......I dont get razor tail on my boards. Mainly because I dont stop with the tail. I just turn sideways and powerslide, or just jump off my board. But from skating on tar roads, the tail does tend to get razor-like, just from normal skating on it. Darkstar does have the sweetest graphics out, Ill agree to that. But I like Black Label better user added image Although, the Darkstart wheels are the best out.

- Hybrid
# 33 08-05-2003 , 08:32 PM
Simply Maya OG
Added the "used" part on the nose/tail. Any thing else that catches your guys' eye? I think it looks pretty damned good user added image

- Hybrid
# 34 08-05-2003 , 08:57 PM
Simply Maya OG
Found another deck graphic. I just LOVE eagles, so I HAD to post this one user added image

- Hybrid
# 35 09-05-2003 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
Hybrid, man about the roughed up part of the bottom of the board. I think there should be some more paint still left, i dunno go get you're board. Also the edges of the big scratch, look verry blurry, and if memory serves correct, it would fade, but not like that, more like with lots of lines of paint that is and isn't sctrached off. I could post some examples if you gave me the untouched texture.

Also on the nose and tail, i think you should take a look at the direction, and style that part gets scratched up. I'm just saying what comes to mind, i'm sure if you weren't showing off the model, and just had guys skating on it, its great where it is.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 36 09-05-2003 , 05:23 AM
Subscriber
well, i do think you should have the wood showing through, but the scratching should be more like this, IMHO

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 09-05-2003 at 05:31 AM.