Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-06-2003 , 02:36 PM
Subscriber

nurbs

ok my question is very simple : i have a NURBS sphere and i want to apply a transparence material to only one "face" on this sphere. how can i do that ??
thx

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 2 15-06-2003 , 02:41 PM
Actually if it´s a Nurbs sphere you won´t be able to select faces on an individual level. You can however map a transparency map to the whole sphere though. Check for texturing tutorials on the docs.

Or you could convert to polygons and then map one specific face.

# 3 15-06-2003 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber
and if you do convert your nurb sphere (or just create a new poly sphere), you apply the transparency this way:

1) Choose Window>Rendering Editor>Hypershade.
2) In Hypershade choose Create>Material>(whatever material you want)
3) A lambert material appears in Hypershade. Double-click it, then change the transparency value to your liking.
4) Close the window for the material.
5) Display faces on your object, select the face you want to be transparent, then right-click the lambert swatch in Hypershade and choose "assign material to selection."