Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-01-2005 , 04:46 PM
SM Tea Boy

Prices

What do you concider a fair price per hour of tutorial?

I think at the moment we're the cheapest with one of the largest selections of maya training around. Also the best training around, but that might just be me. I'm bias of cource.

So there it is, what in your opinion is a fair price per hour?

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 28-01-2005 , 05:30 PM
I think we are doing ok where the prices are now, but it comes down to you and Kev making enough money to keep all the sites up and running. More members mean more work and upkeep.

I do searches all the time and find a lot of people saying nice things about are tuts/dvds as well as the price.

We are definatly cheaper them most of the other large sites that produce similair products. From the mail I get and PM's people seem to like are tuts and the teaching style and find it easy to follow along for the most part.( I try to listen to any suggestions members have for areas I might have skipped or didnt go into enough detail for the next tut to really get what members are needing and looking for)

Thats one complaint I see/hear about other tuts out there is they are bit hard to follow.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 28-01-2005 , 08:05 PM
Subscriber
I think the current price system is fine. Like Kurt said most places charge alot more. $80 buys around four hours in almost any place that's up to the same standard, that's enough for all 7 hours 52 minutes of Oliphant tutorial here.

# 4 28-01-2005 , 09:57 PM
I think the prices are fair, as well. However, you should do some more specials, like the Holiday one.user added image

# 5 29-01-2005 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber
I think the prices are very reasonable. But I agree with
SuperTrooper in that a wider range would be nice, ie texture and uving, advanced animation, particles etc etc

# 6 29-01-2005 , 08:26 AM
Subscriber
I feel the prices are fare and fine but question the way the point are distributed to the videos, like how do you determine the way a video is broken up and rated from one to three points, when buying them and seeing that there’s not much difference between a 2 and 3 point video. Also you’re bank or the company that handles the shopping aspect and the way they handled my payments in the past. Frustrating to say the least. But other then that, it’s all good. There the most affordable and good training tool out on the web to date.user added image

P.S

Hey Kevin when do you think you could get the Normal mapping video outuser added image

# 7 29-01-2005 , 02:56 PM
Subscriber
Another thing people who complain about prices should remember is that they also have to cover the cost of all the members that just come here and use bandwidth to download the free tutorials and then piss off again, and lets face it there's alot of those sort of people in the members lists.

# 8 29-01-2005 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber
Price is fine but the way the point get allocated after paying for them is poor.. I always have to send a follow up email asking for my points

# 9 29-01-2005 , 05:40 PM
SM Tea Boy
Nothing we can do about point allocation, its down to the bank not us, as to when they issue a warning on a credit card payment.

The best you can do is ask ether worldpay, or your card company why they flag your payments as parentally fraudulent. They wont tell us, they simply suggest we ask for more information before releasing any goods or services.

Its a pain in the ass for us to.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 10 29-01-2005 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber
right onuser added image

# 11 29-01-2005 , 08:38 PM
Subscriber
I can say i've never had any problems with world pay and my points have always come straight away.

# 12 30-01-2005 , 04:28 PM

Originally posted by ckyuk
Another thing people who complain about prices should remember is that they also have to cover the cost of all the members that just come here and use bandwidth to download the free tutorials and then piss off again, and lets face it there's alot of those sort of people in the members lists.

Might be worth setting a minimum amount of non-spam posts [say like 50?] before the free tutorial can be downloaded.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 13 30-01-2005 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
Might be worth setting a minimum amount of non-spam posts [say like 50?] before the free tutorial can be downloaded.

Yeah i did think about sugesting that, but the problem with it is that the users who need the free getting started ones the most can't really post untill they know more about maya.

# 14 01-02-2005 , 09:02 AM
Kevin
I think we are far to cheap - the "kev beer fund" needs filling :p

# 15 01-02-2005 , 10:00 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
I think we are far to cheap - the "kev beer fund" needs filling :p

LOL, sorry about the beer fund, but I think the prices are good where they are at. I think if you go up, you will loose business and if you go down, you will be short-changing yourselves.