Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-05-2005 , 05:40 PM

Please Critique

The buildings were modeled in Maya and the light poles on the bridge and some of the windows were done Photoshop

Please critique!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-05-2005 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Your main building is reflecting something weird there. Also the image is extremely grainy - any reason? I dont know why you would choose to photoshop anything on to such a simple scene, was it necessary?

There is a nice ambience there but you need to tidy it a lot.

# 3 13-05-2005 , 07:13 PM
What I need to do is remove the reflective surface off of the front building. I think I have a blinn material on it. The reflection you see is of another building in the scene. It's actually a pretty big City scene. I just decided to condense the shot into a couple of buildings. The grain and sepia tone I thought was a cool added effect, something a little different. I will clean it up a bit and repost it. Thanks for the critique!

Last edited by gstapleton; 13-05-2005 at 07:18 PM.
# 4 15-05-2005 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber
Ahh ok your explanation solves a lot of my problems with the piece. From knowing this info, I would say:

Model the windows on the buildings you are showing in your 'closeup' of these few buildings. I would say things like the lights model those too. The grainy thing might work but I would be more subtle with it. Hope this helps user added image I like the whole star-warsy feel to the tall buildings tho, cool ambience.