Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-02-2007 , 11:11 AM

Questions regarding Soft/rigid bodies

I wonder if Soft/Rigid bodies is good to use as a cloth, curtains and such. If so how do you make it move realistic when moving the object?

And secondly how does i make it react with "solid" object if i for example want to have a curtain and then places a flower pot below it how does i make it move like it should?

Help would be most appriciated. user added image

# 2 15-02-2007 , 11:26 AM
Softbodies can be used as cloth with some care. You need to make the non soft object a goal than add springs to the particles (I think) that are created in the softbody, the springs can go wacko very easily.

If you want it to collide with a solid object you need to select the particles that are created for the softbody than then select the collison object and go to particles -> collide.

There was a tutorial on creating a softbody flag that might help you out, google it and you might find it as I cant remember where it was.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 15-02-2007 , 07:36 PM
Thanks, I will get right to it when I get home from school user added image

P.S tried to google it but I just found a tutorial for blender user added image

# 4 16-02-2007 , 06:21 AM
I have been testing maya cloth and it seems to do the job, but how do I pin it to a object or stiffen up a part of it? user added image