Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-04-2007 , 12:23 AM

Idea for short if anyone's interested

I just thought of a cute idea for a short if anyones interested? Don't know where I'm going with this but I know I don't have the skills to do such a project (not by a long shot). Modeling's all I can do right now and not very skilled.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 11-04-2007 , 03:38 AM
can you tell us the idea? user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 11-04-2007 , 04:39 AM
I'll try to be short winded.
Scene: Mid-day, interior room of a house, perhaps living room.
Story: A dog lying on the floor feel something tap his rear end. He lifts his head up to look but no body there so he lays head back down. Shortly after, he feels another tap on his rear. Stands up and turns to look but nobody there, he whimpers a little then shortly after, he feels a tap on his right ear. Quickly he turns his head to look but nobody there. He growls. Then something taps him on his left ear. He quickly turns but nobody there. He growls and barks viciously as he darts around the room. Then he stops (about where he was previously). He's panting heavily and has a really frusterated expression, even looking exhausted. Then something taps him on the tip of his nose, right before his eyes. It's wet...he licks it. It's water. He quickly looks up at the ceiling with his mouth wide open and wagging his tail with excitment hoping for another drip of water. Suddenly as he's anxiously waiting, the ceiling collapses and tons of water comes crashing down on him. He looks sad and confused...and complete soaked as he gives his last whimper and as the story ends.

That's it in a nutshell. I've got a few more ideas for the ending too. But this is just a thought not sure if worth pursuing. Doesn't have to be all that great. Just thought it might be fun for everyone. Perhaps a good learning experience in the process.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 11-04-2007 , 04:40 AM
I'm thinking of a chihuahua type of dog. Something that would look funny as it's gets mad and aggravated. Something that would get people laughing.

Exceed Expectations!
# 5 11-04-2007 , 11:15 AM
reminds me much (although not that closely related) of an animation called guard dog...

which you can see here, supposedly.

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 11-04-2007 , 06:17 PM
I was thinking something cute, not scare me half to death (hehe).

I've been searching around and found other posts (various sites) where shorts have been proposed. But doesn't seem like any of them made through to completion. Maybe this isn't such a good idea? Then again, this could be first...

Exceed Expectations!