Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-11-2003 , 04:47 PM

The Tower

Heh, any suggestions on things I could at to my tower? I'm still working on it, so could you guys give me critisism depending on what I've got so far, not i.e. that there's a roof missing or so user added image user added image. I got this idea when I was asleep and make quite the sketch when I woke up, too bad my scanner isn't working :\. The general idea is to create a mage's tower, half crumbled, in a huge forest, next to the river Dirack. I would be happy to receive any tips on how to create the forest; things as paint effects slow my pc down too much. user added image user added image user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-11-2003 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
Thats pritty nice.. I like the concept ! that would be neet to texture. for the tree's and such. I'm sure you could get away with some flat polys with a tree image on them. that would not slow you down at all..

# 3 25-11-2003 , 09:01 PM
Added some details, although I have no idea how to make a good looking roof, or rubble, debris (t was part of an old castle). But I'll get to that later, when I also add some major cracks user added image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 25-11-2003 , 09:07 PM
general view.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 29-11-2003 , 04:57 PM
anyone have any idea how to improve the roof, towers and spikes so it will look less like a grain silo? I will try to achieve the effect of the tower being cut out of rough rock, instead of it being build out of stones.

# 6 29-11-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
that would probly be most acheaved in the textures.

# 7 29-11-2003 , 06:24 PM
cool design.. Want to se it with textures user added image

A new found Glory!
# 8 01-12-2003 , 12:56 PM
Heh, it's long from finished, and even if it were, I know nothing of how to apply a good 'ancient marble texture' to the whole :\ user added image user added image user added image

# 9 02-01-2004 , 04:12 PM

New shot!

Heh, still no scanner, so I can't really post my sketch yet, but here's my new shot at bulding my Tower of the Raven-Eye, BrĂ¢n-Ilgadwch user added image. It doesn't look like a grainsilo anymore, but now it looks like a birdhouse user added image. I'm trying to go for an ancient/roman/stony evil theme for it, but I ahve no idea how to texture correctely, or how to 'paste' images on my poly's user added image. Also: Does anybody know how I could do this thing step by step, because I'm getting the feeling that I can't turn around the tower anymore when I'm done decorating it user added image. Anyways: Please post critique and comments user added image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 02-01-2004 , 04:14 PM

pic2

With roman pillars and in the background there's gonna be a small ......like a fountain with plants and stuff, background for my main screen if it looks good :\

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 02-01-2004 , 04:15 PM

next :)

General view of the tower with the wall, although in the end I want it half collapsed, with rubble and debris, crumbled.. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 02-01-2004 , 04:17 PM

Branna 3 :\

Zooming in on the bird-house effect :\

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 02-01-2004 , 04:19 PM

Last :D

Last picture, showing what could be an outpost or something, any suggestions what to do with it? And a shot of the main gate, under wich a river will flow ( the tower is like, standing in the middle of the Dirack user added image ( I bet you thought I named the river after me, did you user added image ).

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 02-01-2004 , 04:21 PM
PS: All those 'holes' in the wall is where the river flows trough, left and right of the tower, and right next the the righter-outpost of the tower ;p Get it? user added image

# 15 03-01-2004 , 05:23 PM

In case anyone ever checks this thread, here are some updates, I removes the birdhouse effect a little, I'm sure that it will dissipate completely when I have given in all the details. With thextures it must become clear that the temple at thte top of the tower is build on a piece of ground :p.. I've also added more windows, stairs and rails to the scene. Does anyone know how I can just paint black the back of the windows and how to put pictures on the texture? :blob:

Attached Thumbnails