Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-01-2007 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber

how to model breast's question

hey guys, well im just modeling a girl for practice when i model one in the future. the question is how would i go about modeling her breast's? i heard somewhere that i extrude but they seems to hard for me i think(havnt tried though) or do i just create something then combine and merge vertices...

also about the nipples, how would i get them to be all 4 sided? does anyone have any wireframe closeup view's of them?

thanks again, marlon

# 2 25-01-2007 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
I create a poly sphere, delete half, and rotate and scale then combine to the body, and tidy up un necessary geometry left behind, if that makes sense.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 25-01-2007 , 02:07 AM
G'Day Marlonjohn

This is one version of how to do breasts. The idea of using edgeloops to define and control the contour of the form that your trying to mimmick seems to work very well. Again, try to use 4 point polys where you can.
Try googling edgeloops, etc...

user added image

Happy modelling and Happy Australia day!
Regards

Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 4 25-01-2007 , 03:12 AM
Subscriber
cool, thanks for your thoughts and opinion's j5ive and Jim... hopefully i wont do them to wrong :p

haha thanks Jim, happy Australia Day to you to user added image thanks also for the picture. thats in nurbs right?

Marlon

# 5 25-01-2007 , 03:21 AM
Just poly's that have been subdivided (in another program that's all). The wireframe is the base mesh
Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 6 25-01-2007 , 03:28 AM
Subscriber
ohh my mistake, hehe :p

Marlon