Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-01-2003 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber

Fantastic book!

Ive just recieved a book i ordered today called "The Animators Survival Kit" by Richard Williams and it has to be said that it is by far and away the best book around concerning the process of animating characters. It is essentially based on 2d animation but it can all be applied to 3d work. It deals with the timing of character animation with regards to reaction and movement. I strongly recommend anyone who is serious about animation gets a hold of a copy. And the best thing about it is the price I paid for it(unbelievable)!!

Just thought id share this with you all - In no way is this an advertisement lol even tho it looks it. Trust me. Very decent book. Honest.

Im so happy I could dance like a :banana:

# 2 25-01-2003 , 07:25 PM
SM Alumni
yeah its great user added image got two copies.. one hard back, one soft. cartoon animation by pretson blair is another good one

# 3 25-01-2003 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
I'll have to take a look at that one. I just cant believe I got my copy brand new for £10. Fantastic value. I also have "Timing for Animation" by Harold Whittaker and John Halas, its pretty much in the same mould but much smaller - actually its forewarded by John Lasseter too - great stuff

# 4 25-01-2003 , 09:31 PM
Got all of those books. 2 copies of the Animator's Survival Kit -- 1 desk copy, 1 travel copy. 3rd printing of Timing for Animation before they added John Lassetter's foreword. And both the compiled printing and original large formats of Preston Blair's books. God, I'm such an animation geek. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 30-01-2003 , 09:02 AM

# 6 30-01-2003 , 09:07 AM
I have the Maya Illuminated Games book. Really good for general game art production. It was written for Maya 3, but the same concepts apply. It goes over poly modeling, UV unwrapping, and basic character rigging. That's actually the first book I bought when I transitioned from Max to Maya. I needed something specificly geared towards games, and this book was it. Not much technical info in there, but it's still a good book.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 7 30-01-2003 , 09:10 AM

Re: Fantastic book!

Originally posted by alexgc
I just cant believe I got my copy brand new for £10.

Uhmm... where, may I ask? Do they have online store?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 30-01-2003 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber

Uhmm... where, may I ask? Do they have online store?

Its from Amazon.co.uk. They have an offer on the paperback copy. The hardback one is still normal price. Here is the link so you can check it out for yourself user added image

amazon.co.uk

# 9 30-01-2003 , 12:32 PM
Ah, naturally user added image I guess I was just looking at the hardback version user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!