Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 166 26-03-2009 , 11:44 AM
Thanks Sokol, it's taken a lot of head scratching,tinkering and advice from people to get it to where it is, but I'm pretty happy with it, I was also lucky that I've had quite a bit of free time over the past few weeks to do it (well, I kind of made time, couldn't drag myself away from it!) Just keep at it is all I can say, that's all any of us can do really!

# 167 03-04-2009 , 08:37 AM
This is probably the last pic I'll post before the final one, I know it doesn't look much different but there is a few changes, going to try and add a few more bits of detail before the deadline and if that doesn't work out, post this as the final image.

Full version here: https://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2...ousefinal8.png

Attached Thumbnails
# 168 08-04-2009 , 07:24 PM
The Nurb Herd

Originally posted by Dango77
hammer horror: Just found out what Kutgw means, thanks, will do, you too, just checked out your mumm-ra, liking it, have fun doing all of those bandages!

haha just saw this now, I might have expected it in my WIP thread. sorry i wasn't following this thread like eastenders. user added image

as the comp is finished this might be a bit late but... the pavement and curb textures are really repetitive and cg perfect the curb looks funny because it goes light dark light dark etc etc. also i still don't like the reflective conical roof or the glassless porthole window at the top (you can see the roof slates through it.)

also maybe you should post close ups of the car if people are doubting you. user added image

good luck.

PS: i can't believe this thread is 12 pages long! user added image

Last edited by honestdom; 08-04-2009 at 07:31 PM.
# 169 08-04-2009 , 10:05 PM
Hammer: I should have posted that comment in your Wip section, didn't think. My thread is better than eastenders though....

I agree when it comes to the pavement, curbs and roof, I just didn't get time to finish them off, it was meant to look newly built but I guess it was over done that way a bit, will work on that in future.

But as for the round window, it does have glass in it, and a blind behind it, what you can see must be the blind. You can see through the window on the other side to the sky too.

As for the car, didn't think I needed too really, but I could post some if asked to, or I might post a couple here anyway. The car wasn't finished and it's a bit crap close up, that's why I didn't.

Just looking forward to the next challenge, less realism is more up my street!

Cheers for the comments mate.

PS. I also write so that's probably why the thread ended up so long.... :p

Last edited by Dango77; 08-04-2009 at 10:07 PM.
# 170 08-04-2009 , 11:49 PM
Here's a close up of the car, as it was in the finished model, the trim didn't convert from Sub D to poly's right and I didn't have time to sort it out (that's why I hid that part in the final image....)

Attached Thumbnails
# 171 08-04-2009 , 11:51 PM
But I've since done a bit more to it whilst still in Sub-D...

Attached Thumbnails