Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-06-2007 , 06:41 PM

Lantern, Got Bored

I wanted to take an hour break from working on my character, so i created this little thing.

user added imageuser added image

Yay, not a freshman anymore!

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 01-06-2007 at 06:43 PM.
# 2 01-06-2007 , 07:13 PM
That's pretty good for only an hour's worth of work kinddoggofwar. I am curious though, what's the yellow band thing inside the glass?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 02-06-2007 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
very interesting.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 4 02-06-2007 , 06:40 AM
Thanks for the compliments! The yellowish band its part of the glass texture, is a grimey, foggy glass that just fits better with a lantern. Ill actually be going a step further with this project and making a small scene. Im not sure where I will go with it, but suggestions and help are highly welcomed. Im going to start a WIP thread about it and ill do it along side my other project.

Yay, not a freshman anymore!

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 02-06-2007 at 02:52 PM.