Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 18-07-2008 , 09:13 AM
Subscriber
yea, i wouldnt mind it actually.., funny thing.., sounds like you worked there?? so did I.., had to leave home at 14, so i needed a job to pay the rent.., i could only get work at KFC and had to lie about me age LOL user added image.., i later went on to do other things but thats another story user added image

i vaguely remember something like what you describe, the bag of crumbs ect !!!

Muser added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 17 18-07-2008 , 09:43 AM
19 year Veteran
LOL, nopers. I have never ever worked in fast food, and don't ever plan on it either. I ran into someone that did on another message board. Anyway here is the recipe for the Original and Extra Crispy. I tried it and I came close to it, but not exact. I had to make exceptions with what kind of cooking hardware I had. I just don't have the right stuff to cook it in. You will have to experiment with various equipment for cooking and see what works best for you. If you have the right stuff then thats awsome!

Before you cook the chicken it has to be marinated. The original way that the Colonel used to produce his chicken was to marinate it. The following Marinate recipe is still
Used today at KFC for the Crispy Strips which are marinated daily in 40 to 80 lbs at a time, however the amount of this marinade is only good for about 15 lbs of chicken.

The Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinate
2 tablespoons Potassium
2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
4 tablespoons MSG
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Bottled Chicken Concentrate
5 cups water

Mix all of the above and soak the chicken in the above marinate for 24 hours under refrigeration.

KFC ORIGINAL RECIPE
2 fryer chickens cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
6 cups Crisco Shortening
1 eggs well beaten
2 cups Milk
2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons ground pepper
3 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon MSG
1 dash paprika

Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F. in a small bowl, combine the egg and milk. In a separate bowl, combine
The remaining six dry ingredients. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated. In-groups of four or five drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid. When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes.

After he perfected his original he made a crispy recipe that was marinated first then fried the conventional way. This one is double dunked into the coating to give it its great taste.

KFC EXTRA CRISPY
1 whole frying chicken, cut up and marinated
6-8 cups shortening for cooking
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon MSG
1/8 teaspoon Paprika
1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder

Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces. Preheat the shortening in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients (flour, salt, pepper and MSG). When the chicken has marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excesses liquid can drain off. Working with one piece at a time, first dip in egg and milk then coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, then the egg and milk mixture again, and then back into the flour. Be sure that each piece is coated very generously. Stack the chicken on a plate or cookie sheet until each piece has been coated. Drop the chicken, one piece at a time into the hot shortening. Fry half of the chicken at a time (4 pieces) for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. You should be sure to stir the chicken around halfway through the cooking time so that each piece cooks evenly. Remove the chicken to a rack or towels to drain for about 5 minutes before eating.

let me know how it turns out if you decide to try it out.

# 18 18-07-2008 , 10:31 AM
"oh I hated the colonel with his weee beady eyes and that smug look on his face oh your gonna buy my chicken

how can you hate the colonel

because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly smart arse."

Lol couldn't resist.

I make a killer lasagna.

Fry up the beef/lamb mince

Fry up 1 onion, 1 pepper, some cauliflower, broccoli and some garlic.

Once these are done add both to a pan and add a jar of dolmio or make your own sauce if your not as lazy as me. and some oregano.

Let this simmer while stiring occasionally.

For the cheese sauce
Add 4 oz of flour and some olive oil into a saucepan and stir until it is like butter in consistency. Then get a mug sized glass and fill half with milk and half with water. Add this to the flour in small parts stiring it in to get rid of lumps and keep things smooth.
You will then need to get roughly half a block of grated cheese which you then add to the mixture. Again keep stiring to get rid of lumps and keep as smooth as possible.
You may also need to add more milk/water if it gets to thick. When the cheese sauce is looking good I add a teaspoon of mustard for extra flavor.
Next get a large dish to put your lasagna in and pour enough cheese sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Then you get the lasagna and wet it under the tap and place it over the sauce. Next pour a layer using half of the sauce onto the pasta. Now wet the lasagna again and make another layer (no cheese sauce though). Next create another layer of the sauce using the rest of it up. Now wet and add the final layer of lasagna and pour the rest of the cheese sauce on top. I sometimes add some olives to the top as well for good measure.

Now pop this in the over for about 30-45 minutes at 180*c
The top should be golden dark patches.

Enjoy

Last edited by leonlabyk; 18-07-2008 at 10:36 AM.
# 19 18-07-2008 , 07:46 PM
I LOVED THAT MOVIE

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 20 19-07-2008 , 01:55 AM
Subscriber
man, the only thing i could eat in all of that was the eggs and the paprika

wow.., thats gotta be the all time taste concentrate (as in salt) .., no wonder people ate it.., mixing MSG and every other suss ingredient he/it could think of.., no wonder it was a secret.., otherwise it would have been banned. in ozz about 30 years ago the stores were made to tell their customers if they used MSG.., and also supermarket products.., dont know if the law is still onto that one.., havent seen any warnings for years

cheers for that.., unreal.., ill sell it to 'red rooster' down the road user added image

# 21 19-07-2008 , 05:46 AM
Subscriber
lol, nice thread rage ... heres my special on weekends, just as i get out of bed and hop onto the computer...

FRENCH TOAST!

5x Baguette bread(long medium slices)
3x eggs
2x tablespoons of butter
2x tablespoons of brown sugar
1x tablespoon of iceing sugar
10x strawberrys

1. heat pan to medium flame, add in some butter
2. cover and coat the entire bread with egg and place into pan
3. add in some brown sugar
4. flip until golden brown on the buttom
5. repeat method for all the bread you have and place onto plate
6. put mashed strawberries on top and iceing sugar
7. insert into mouth and chew!

Last edited by marlonjohn; 19-07-2008 at 02:58 PM.
# 22 19-07-2008 , 12:54 PM
19 year Veteran

mirek03:wrote

cheers for that.., unreal.., ill sell it to 'red rooster' down the road

I have a bunch of other KFC recipes also.

KFC Coleslaw
KFC POT PIE
KFC Beans and Rice
KFC Corn
KFC Macaroni Salad
KFC Macaroni and Cheese
KFC Potato Salad
KFC Baked Beans
KFC Buttermilk Biscuits
KFC Potato Wedges
KFC Gravy
KFC Mashed Potatoes
KFC Hot and Spicy Chicken
KFC Crispy Strips
KFC Wings
KFC Tender Roast
KFC Honey BBQ Dipping Sauce

The only problem with these recipes is that they are for large servings, and I have only tried the "Original Chicken" recipe so call me lazy. I'd rather just go and buy it.
user added image

# 23 20-07-2008 , 12:22 AM
Subscriber
jezzus.., thats a recipe for a movie called 'the attack of the fast food'.., aaahhhHHHH!!!!!!

or.., maybe i can start up 'colonel mireks Adelaide fried chicken??'

btw.., is anyone else here from adeliade?

here in Oz there is a digital forum of, cough, pros (some are very much pro) with each state chapter having drinks night.., that would be cool eh.., for this forum.

# 24 20-07-2008 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
buttermilk buscuits? maccaroni salad? user added image
i haven't been to KFC for a while (i dunno if we should since they use lots of MSG :p) but such things do no exist in our KFCs
(which some bright retarded ass tried to get more people buying by calling it 'cooking for kiwis', gawd, it doesn't even make sense! Thankfully someone with a brain banned the guy from advertising)

as for recipes i usually chop up some bananas, get some cheese and put them into bread and stick it in the toasted-sandwich-maker thing

yeah ok, cheese and banana probably sounds horrible and something that i shouldn't be doing (like mixing coke and milk and watching the fluffy looking clouds in the mixture) but i don't taste anything anyway

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 25 21-07-2008 , 03:15 AM
Subscriber

Re: Recipes, for those of us who work way too much.

Originally posted by ragecgi
For those of us that are leads or td's working insane hours for no extra pay is par for the course.
(Unless you're union, lucky bastards, lol)

btw, what's a td?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 26 21-07-2008 , 04:32 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Chirone
btw, what's a td?

technical director?

# 27 21-07-2008 , 12:15 PM
Yep, Technical Director.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 28 21-07-2008 , 05:32 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
ah good thread.

I think when it comes to food for our industry I think we can all be a bit 'naughty' diet wise.

heres a regular monday to friday type of diet (about 5years back)

early morning around 9.30 am. Coffee and biscuits

10.00 -10.30am More coffee

11.00 - 12pm coffee and more biscuits, folled by sandwiches, crisps, oaty snack bar. (or a whole roast chicken each with french bread and salad if it was friday)

2.00 - 3.00pm coffee. (with doughnuts if it was friday)

4.30pm coffee with a chocolate bar!

6.00pm dinner, either down to the fish and chip shop or bring in a spag bolognese from home or a large pot of curry which would be shared amongst nine dudes!

then onwards too 10.30pm -11.30pm coffee and more coffee!

go home eat more dinner!

heres a regular monday to friday type of diet (about a year back)

early morning around 8.am Coffee

10.00 -10.30am More coffee with biscuits

11.00 - 12pm Coffee or Tea with Sandwich lunch

2.00 - 3.00pm coffee. (with doughnuts or blackcurrent cheesecake if it was friday)

4.30pm: go home

so as you can see we got better on the last lot LOL

but dont try this at home kids!

these days though its wholemeal bread with salady stuff with fruit and light snack bar. with one or two cups of tea or coffee thru the day! much nicer!

Jay

# 29 21-07-2008 , 10:00 PM
Subscriber
ok, if we are getting serious and off the junk food.., this is my mainstay.., (i live alone, hard to cook for one but this is THE quick healthy fix for the bachelor.., or just plain dude)

buy crumbed chicken, beef or pork (depends on religion i guess ??)

buy fresh vegetables

put fresh vegetables in enclosed plastic container with a little water at the bottom (it will turn to steam so dont need much).., then in micro wave for 6-10 minutes (depends on vegetable.., timing is important.., potatoes first for 4 min, then put carrots in on top.., another 3 minutes.., put chop choy or spinach in for another 2 minutes

meanwhile the crumbed meat has been put in a fry pan around the same time the carrots wen in to the microwave

if done properly everything is finished cooking at the same time.., and instead of staring at the microwave you have had time while waiting to continue playing (or working) with maya.., does it get better than that???

breakfast.., crumpets with fresh strawberries (in season or too expensive) on top, lots of sugar.., and fresh cream.., all served with strong coffee (with more fresh cream).

# 30 22-07-2008 , 06:54 AM
19 year Veteran
For a really healthy way to cook your grub, try steaming it. I steam veggies and meats all the time. It keeps all the nutrition in. You can find microwave steam bags at your local supermarket. The cooking time is really short also.