Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-10-2008 , 08:17 AM

Lofting problem on car.

I thought to myself? before going ahead and getting into my short organic character animation i would have a go at a car going from a tutorial of course.

I am having a problem I have got to a point were you have to loft some curves,and compared to the tutorial mine looks a mess were as the dvd which i am following from are all straight and uniform mine have twisted and bent out of shape

What could be the problem please help.

Jase

file attached

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-10-2008 , 11:24 AM
select the curves and try rebuilding them - the problem is that the cv points are at different distances along each of the curves. by rebuilding them, it should unify them - just make sure they have the same amount of cvs.

also, make sure you keep your pics to 640 wide - otherwise it's a pain to read your posts. user added image

# 3 09-10-2008 , 07:30 PM
Hey,

I alligned the C.V.s as suggested and made sure there were the same no.But seem to get the same result,is there anthing else I can do???

Thanks in advance

Jason

# 4 10-10-2008 , 12:05 AM
did you definitely rebuild the curves - as in, did you use the rebuild curve tool? it may be that your curves are facing different directions - so try the reverse curve tool, tho from your first picture, it doesn't look like that.

If that fails, try starting that section again from scratch.

in any case, it looks like you are trying to build a large section when you should probably break it down into smaller pieces.

Last edited by arran; 10-10-2008 at 12:08 AM.
# 5 10-10-2008 , 04:29 AM
Cheers arran

Did not know there was a rebuild curve tool??user added image

It seems to of straightened it all out.

Newbie eh..

Thanks keep checking I may need your help again,will post pics shortly.

Jason

# 6 10-10-2008 , 04:51 AM
no problem - glad you sorted it.

also, remember the f1 key - it's your friend. user added image