Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 27-04-2003 , 03:45 PM

posing update

Well, it was finally T-Shirt weather yesterday, so I went golfing rather than work on the computer. Its raining today so I have an update! I've got him basically posed with a set driven key on the hands for a walk cycle. I'm sure I won't have time to animate him before the end of the month, but I will eventually, as I learn more. I will try to get him in some type of proper environment though. Thanks again ereitz for the advice on set driven keying. It wasn't too tough once I got into it.

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."
# 32 29-04-2003 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
glad to be of help Snich - I like rigging actually because with riggin you start planning how you're going to animate and make it possible. He'll have quite the walk cycle I imagine with that configuration! Looking at him I wonder how does he attack - does he have a stinger in that abdomen?

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 33 29-04-2003 , 06:00 PM
Ereitz: Heh, I hadn't really thought of that. Either he's just there for the scare effect, or I suppose he could deliver a nasty head butt like a bull. He'd have to be careful though, or he may bite off his own tongue! user added image

# 34 30-04-2003 , 04:53 AM

Final Render

Final Render:

Well, here he is in his element. I won't get a chance to do any more tomorrow and its after midnite now *yawn*, I hope everyone likes him. The lava took many tries and I'm still not totally happy with it. I ended up with a cavern texture applied to the color channel and changed the 3 colors of it to yellow orange and red, then messed with the scale and raised the ambient a bit to get a glow effect. I had to photoshop the glow around the rocks because I didn't know how to do it with lights. Anyways, I thank everyone for they're advice throughout the challange and hope to enter another soon. Cheers!

# 35 30-04-2003 , 06:02 PM
Did I say cavern texture?? I meant crater texture. Told you I was tired.