Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-06-2004 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber

image planes

Yesterday I started a tutorial from Michael McKinley's website. Tha polygon modeling of an Audi TT. Everything is going fine except the image planes. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 and for some reason I think maya hate me for it. user added image There are a host of minor problems that happen. One of which is the image planes. When I create an image plane, everything is fine in persp view, but if I go to the orthographic view of the plane I created (i.e side image plane, in the side view) it slows down tremendously. Beyond workable conditions. Because of this I use a poly plane and map the image on to it for my reference. My problem is I can't seem to get the image planes all proportional to each other. I have attached an image to show you what I mean. I need to know some how to get all the images even so that way I can work in all 4 views to get the right amount of detail and proportions in the car. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I found a video on Michaels website that explained it perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Der Kaiser; 28-06-2004 at 07:27 PM.
# 2 30-08-2005 , 12:56 PM
Remove all image planes from the default orthografic viewports. Create an second orthografic viewport for each like side1, front1 and Top1. Import the images in the new created viewports. Switch back to the default orthografic viewports and lock if the problem is gone.

user added image

Last edited by PAF; 30-08-2005 at 01:11 PM.