Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-11-2012 , 02:47 PM

Need some help

Hello I have this project im doing I'm An OK modeler and I did this project of a space frigate i did. my weakness is shading and texture im looking for someone willing to help with their ideas to texture the ship here are some samples get back to me with contact info and ill send file copies

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-11-2012 , 03:34 PM
Technical Director
Is this a school project?

If shading and texturing is your weakness, I would try and work on it yourself. You'll learn much more doing that.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 03-11-2012 , 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
I don't understand the request, there are tons of texturing tutorials online made by people who are willing to help with their ideas and people here would answer questions if you got stuck. Are you asking for someone to texture this for you?

P.S

The compression artifacts are pretty heavy in those images, png or jpeg would do the job just fine.

- Genny
# 4 03-11-2012 , 11:21 PM
Actually its not a school project its a personal one I haven't been back in school for while so having access to resources is very limited. I know I want to texture it I'm just not sure where to start. My biggest issue adding texture with UV and texture file from photo shop. I want to go for a photo realistic image of an old trader ship

# 5 04-11-2012 , 12:24 AM
A good tutorial that is very similar to your project is Jay's awesome Land Speeder tutorial. He does use zbrush and projection master for some of the photo real projections but it's really a simply matter forgo zbrush and use photoshop and your uv image snapshots.

The major advantage to zbrush and projection is that it is a tad easier to blend seems as you can paint / project across the uv borders.

But that is kind of advanced. It is probably not a bad idea to learn how to texture purely in photoshop first and then graduate to using more advanced (and costly) tools such as zbrush, mari, bodypaint, etc..

Here is the link...

https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=162&sub_cat=4

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 04-11-2012 at 10:50 PM.
# 6 04-11-2012 , 05:57 PM
Technical Director
Just so you know:

Parts 1-9 cover Modeling
Part 10 covers UV Layout
Part 11 & 13 cover Texturing in Photoshop
Part 12 covers Texturing in Zbrush
Part 14 cover Lighting & Rendering

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 7 06-11-2012 , 04:15 AM
thanks for the tip ill have to wait till i can afford to buy the tutorials you mentioned