Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-04-2007 , 08:22 PM

Spaceship

Hey, for school I'm going to attempt to make a spaceship, but I ran into the problem of
1. What will this spaceship look like?
and
2. What will it be doing?
After I post this thread I'm going to resume looking for nice pictures that inspire me, but if any of you Maya-wizards have any thoughts, I'd love the hear them.
Cheers,
bobalie

# 2 25-04-2007 , 10:30 PM
Hey bobalie, check out this link. It may give you some ideas for what you want your ship to look like or you can use one of the images as a reference. They're all to scale. Can't wait to see what you decide.

https://www.merzo.net/

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 26-04-2007 , 03:53 AM
Hey Perfecto, superb site!! got that one bookmarked as I've always fancied modeling a Preadator and thats got some nice pics.

cheers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 26-04-2007 , 08:59 AM
gster: If you use Internet Explorer you can left click and drag the ships around to put them next to each other etc. Doesn't work with FireFox.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 27-04-2007 , 04:14 AM
ha ha! - excellent site perfecto! Thanks mate! user added image

# 6 27-04-2007 , 06:48 AM
As I repeatedly clicked on links to other pages...I learned that my jaw can indeed drop lower than I ever imagined...

# 7 27-04-2007 , 07:00 AM
LOL!

Hey bobalie, any luck on an idea?

Exceed Expectations!
# 8 28-04-2007 , 03:31 PM
wow, im sorry that I havent been on lately...
I've chosen a sort of ship like the one in Star wars, Ill post a render (please stay with me, I dont know jack about renders, basically just how to change resolution and press the render button user added image)
alrighty! Let the comments begin

now, please keep in mind that I'm very new, and I'm just doing this for the sheet animation processes of moving the spaceship (to dodge the lasers that will come at it).
thanks in advance

# 9 28-04-2007 , 03:35 PM
side

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 28-04-2007 , 03:36 PM
perspective 1

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 28-04-2007 , 03:37 PM
another perspective

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 29-04-2007 , 05:54 AM
Also, thanks Perfecto, nice site! user added image

# 13 29-04-2007 , 11:26 AM
Your welcom bobalie. Your ship still needs a lot of work depending on how detailed and realistic your going for. If your main focus is on animation, having something to animate is a first big step, which you now have.

Starting out, don't be surprised to get some harsh feedback from time to time. Just keep posting and keep improving. Over time, your modeling, animation, and rendering skills will get better and better. I personally havn't done any animation yet but I'll still try and help any way I can.

What are the white spots on your ship?

Exceed Expectations!
# 14 30-04-2007 , 10:49 AM
Thanks so much guys so far
Perfecto: Check the 'e's on your welcomes user added image and thanks so much for the possitive feedback so far! The white spots are the windows/view ports, and I've made them glow because at this stage it outlines where they will be. Also, I'm a sucker for glows.

# 15 30-04-2007 , 11:54 AM
bobalie: LOL "you're welcome"(hehe). Do you have "After Effects". If so, you'll probably wanna use that to create the final laser effects. I don't own it and have never used it, but I've read alot about it and assume it would give you tremendous laser results if done right. I like lasers too.

Exceed Expectations!