Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-07-2017 , 10:43 PM

Boolean Blues

I'm trying to use Mesh > Boolean > Union to cut a hatchway between two spaces and the first time it worked fine, deleted the ends of the doorway shape and kept the middle that forms the "door jam" between the two walls. But after the first time I used it, every time now it deletes the walls and middle section instead, keeping the ends.

I've tried changing the order that I select the two objects in expecting it would reverse the results but it had no effect???

Is there any way to force the function to reverse which parts it's deleting and which it's keeping?

Could it possibly be related to the direction of the normals?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

# 2 20-07-2017 , 10:55 PM
Sorry everybody, nevermind! It was the normals. I just thought of that while i was posting and it worked.

Um, new question. How do I delete a thread?

# 3 24-07-2017 , 12:28 PM
Administrator
Glad you figured it out, and thanks for posting your solution. Leave the thread online it might come in handy to someone else with the same problem in the future.