Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-12-2002 , 11:51 PM

has anybody here ever been to the new york film academy?

i think i might go to the NYFA this summer for the one month course in 3d animation (using maya). But, before i make any final desitions... i would just like to get some advice about it from people that have been there.
On top of that, im also going to visit the place to see what its all about. Its $3,500 for a month.
So, if you have had any experiances with this place... post away. also, if there is anything else you think i should know.... about anything user added image then post it.

https://www.nyfa.com/workshops/animation_Frameset.html - a link to the course if anybody wants to see.

:bgreen: :mingun:

# 2 01-01-2003 , 12:33 AM
I don't know man....

I took a look at what you get for 3500 bucks, and I must say that it sounds like a total rip in my opinion.

Not to bash the school or anything, but just looking at the cirriculum alone, it doesn't look like you'd be spending your Maya time, or cash, wisely.

There are PLENTY of web-based schools, and courses for WAY cheaper, AND you learn a LOT more for your money.

Heck, here at SM, in our VIP section, we cover 99% of the topics that are covered in the course!!!

PLUS, your "Instructors" are ALWAYS just an email away for ANY question you might have!

So, to sum it all up, I would REALLY think twice about spending that kind of cash for so little of a return on your investment.

Good luck young Padewan.....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com