Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-04-2004 , 04:10 PM

SM DVD WIP :)

Just sorta in the middle of the second part...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-04-2004 , 04:18 PM
is that a shirt going on him? or just havent conected the head?

# 3 12-04-2004 , 04:22 PM
great start Zyk0tiK... will be keeping a eye on this.. hope you are learning a lot from it...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 12-04-2004 , 05:49 PM
Done pretty much all of part 2... And yeah i'm learning loads user added image this tutorial is great Kurt!

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 12-04-2004 , 05:58 PM
Nice progress...... the proportion is looking really good.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 6 12-04-2004 , 11:27 PM
Thanks Kurt! Nice to see the creator of the tutorial has a keen interest on the progress of his students user added image

Anyways, not sure if i'm correct to the tutorial or not, the 2nd part finished and i just got into it and converted and merged etc user added image so it it's wrong it's my fault user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 12-04-2004 , 11:37 PM
Looks pretty good mate... the main thing i see that needs a bit more tweaking is his knee area but thats minor... pull some the the verts to smooth them out a bit.

Chest and arms are looking pretty good.

Keep going...

# 8 13-04-2004 , 08:33 AM

Originally posted by dragonsfire
is that a shirt going on him? or just havent conected the head?

I'm not really sure what it is yet user added image Some kinda shirt but yah user added image

# 9 13-04-2004 , 06:36 PM
well i give up, the tutorial is good, but i suck, too advanced for me, got bored of my stuff looking like crap

# 10 13-04-2004 , 06:49 PM
dude dont stop..... best way to learn is to keep trying you can do it I believe in you... your model looks just like mine at the same point...

Keep working on it..

# 11 13-04-2004 , 07:11 PM
Kevin
keep it up dude!

watch the same part a few times mate, it will come mate - i promise ya user added image

# 12 13-04-2004 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
i totally understand how he feels. I've been TRYING to learn Maya on my own for a few months now, but i start something, then i get stuck, then it gets too complicated, and finally i give it up.
I am trying to get a head start cuz i start my maya classes in college in the Fall.
But dude, keep going, looks better than anything i've made as a newbie user added image

# 13 13-04-2004 , 10:32 PM
If you only put 20% in, you only get 20% out user added image

Keep practacing.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 14 14-04-2004 , 09:13 AM
Maybe you're right, it's just the hand, my hand looked like right royal s**t, annoyed the hell out of me after about 4 hours work, i suck user added image

# 15 14-04-2004 , 02:57 PM
hand take time mate... trust me.....they are one of the hardest things to master... like i said in the tut.. hands are like a a new model.... I usally spend a ton of time on them even more then 4 hours..

You can do it