Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-08-2006 , 06:42 PM

UV.

Ok this may sound noobish (it is basically)

But how do you get the UV maps from the objects on the Screen so I can edit them in Photoshop and then how do i get them back into it ?? .

Sorry if this has already been asked. I'm kinda a newbie to Maya.

Thanks All

# 2 18-08-2006 , 06:56 PM
Well first thing you are going to want to do is unwrap the UVs...go to Polygon UVs> and pick your unwrapping styple, you can either do this manually or use the automatic unwrapper, or a plugin.

Then go Window>UV Texture Editor. All your UVs will be right there, you then arrange them into the top right quadrant of that view.

After you have that done, right click, Polygon>UV Snapshot. Save the file, open it in PS, paint it, and save it.

Then open your file, make a lambert material, apply the file to the color, and then the color to your model. Presto chango...you have UV'd your model.

# 3 18-08-2006 , 07:35 PM

Originally posted by esion
Well first thing you are going to want to do is unwrap the UVs...go to Polygon UVs> and pick your unwrapping styple, you can either do this manually or use the automatic unwrapper, or a plugin.

Then go Window>UV Texture Editor. All your UVs will be right there, you then arrange them into the top right quadrant of that view.

After you have that done, right click, Polygon>UV Snapshot. Save the file, open it in PS, paint it, and save it.

Then open your file, make a lambert material, apply the file to the color, and then the color to your model. Presto chango...you have UV'd your model.

Thanks, I'll try that