Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-05-2003 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber

Keep'em comin!!!

I don't even know if this is the right place for me to be posting this but I just wanted to say that I'm right in the middle of watching the head tutorial even as I'm typing this; during the second movie Mike asks if we would even want to watch him do what he's doing!!! Is he kidding??? Or am I the only one who would just sit around all day and watch this guy work!!! I mean, seriously...O, right like I'm the only one who thinks this guys work is awesome...or am I just the only one who admits that they're a fan. Anyways Mike, to answer your question, yes, I would sit around all day and just watch you work man all the while I'd be taking notes. Thanx for the tutorials and keep up the good work!! O, and by the way do guys have like t-shirts or stuff like that? if you don't you should get some so I can get one...Tanx u gys!!
abie1:banana: user added image user added image user added image

# 2 18-05-2003 , 07:34 AM
Mike ROCKS!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 18-05-2003 , 08:09 AM
# 4 18-05-2003 , 11:38 AM
Subscriber
yeh i was just about to post the same thing my character in the WIP is from mikes head and ear tuts - go mike user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 5 18-05-2003 , 04:13 PM

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 18-05-2003 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
All Hale Mikey king of the Mountain.user added image

# 7 18-05-2003 , 08:40 PM
Got ma money for that cd righ next to me m8!

Can't wait for that release!

gimme, gimme! hehe..

btw Kurt, do yo talk about texturing subd's at all in that, or is that going on another tut?
should I save up for another cd about that?

Just wonderinguser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 8 18-05-2003 , 09:00 PM
Rage.... in the tut I cover image planes, using nurbs to get basic shape and proportions, coverting to polys, then coverting to sub-d's to shape and pull details. I'm up to section M and almost done just have to add the little things like ropes and how to model with using curves. It long most likely about 3 hours.

I dont cover Texturing in this tut. It will be done buy the end of the month then sent to Kev..... As far as I know he has the cd design for the cover and just has to print them.

Do you have ICQ.. if so PM your# to me..

Cool thing is on the Cd you get my finshed model.... to play around with..

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 9 18-05-2003 , 09:03 PM
COOL! cant wait!

Sorry, not icq'in at the moment...

I found it a little distracting becase I wanted to sit there and chat rather than workuser added image hehe..

When my reel is done, I'll get back on thouser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 10 18-05-2003 , 09:06 PM
Ya My reel almost done might use my new head for some lip sync for the opening.. I'm just not great at putting it all togehter and looking really cool.....=) My composting skills are weak compared to yours=)

# 11 18-05-2003 , 09:11 PM
ahhhh.. give it time...

Unless you are tryin out for a compositing position, don't stress your self out about ituser added image

I just wish I had more hours in the day to complete my reel...

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com