Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-03-2009 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber

Swiss Army Knife

Hi all.
Well I finally finished the swiss army knife from another tutorial. I know its not up to all of your experience but I learned a lot from it and looking forward to continuing on to other models.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve it. More practice means more experience.

Thanks
user added image

user added image

Wireframe:

user added image

# 2 05-03-2009 , 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
It came out looking good. Only crit I have is that the teeth for the saw could be a bit harder.

- Genny
# 3 05-03-2009 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber
it looks cool, i like the blades

is that wire on smooth preview or is the mesh in sub-d?
what does it look like without smooth preview of sub-d? (i'm just curious)

also, when you post the wires you should turn on wireframe on shaded in the panel's menu. makes the wires easier to see

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 06-03-2009 , 12:19 PM
Subscriber
Its on smooth and most are all sub-d.
I believe this is what your asking for:

user added image

# 5 06-03-2009 , 01:24 PM
The Nurb Herd
it looks cool, but you should look into render settings a bit. This needs a higher anti aliasing sample level.

# 6 06-03-2009 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
HH,
I will once I understand it more. I have more DVD's concerning rendering. I didn't have a clue and did as I was told in the tutorial.

Thanks and will check it out.

# 7 23-03-2016 , 03:37 PM
Hey man, where did you find the tutorial for this swiss knife. i saw the same picture in several places but i couldnt find any tutorials for it. can you help please

# 8 23-03-2016 , 04:14 PM
EduSciVis-er
The logo in the first picture is a pretty good hint. Unfortunately they've been bought and the tutorial browsing has become way less good.