Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-09-2005 , 08:35 PM

NEW ORLEANS TRAGEDY - real americas face

OFF TOPIC:

Man I watch all these scenes from N.O. and think to my self (by the way I really feel sorry for all those people) so many poor people trapped in misury (90% are blacks),so much money spent on war in Iraq just to maintain american global dominance!

Its like you've got all this money and none of it doesnt even scrach real american society. I gess that is called globalization,interest...rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer.

But you know just like in history,every empire has its end!
Romans empire callopsed in top of its expansion...can it be that history is repeating???
Cezar,one man lead the whole empire...Bush???
I really dont agree that one man should have so much power like an american president.

Same shit is also forming here in Europe...

I hope I talk bullsh1t! user added image
I'm sorry this is getting really off topic.

so lets get back to CG and Maya!

# 2 02-09-2005 , 08:49 PM
https://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/8/31/235829/261
Canada trying to send Aid, US refusing

https://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index813.htm

Rest of the world trying to send aid, US refusing

Being kept from these American people also by their Military Rulers have been the uncounted offers of assistance from Nations all around the world, including: Venezuela has offered their Medical Airlift Command for the evacuation of peoples trapped in these devastated regions; Holland has offered the resources of their Public Works Ministry (and who are the acknowledged World Experts for below sea level water evacuation procedures); Russia has offered over 100,000 temporary living structures, along with Military Personal to assist their American counterparts; Iran has offered 1 Billion US Dollars in immediate assistance and guaranteed 5,000,000 barrels of oil at $35.00 US Dollars; China has offered their Military Rescue Forces (Who are acknowledged as one of the best in the world for rescuing peoples in flood ravaged areas.)

I understand there's a benefit to self pride -- but politicians shouldn't press it on issues which affect other people.

# 3 02-09-2005 , 09:25 PM
I dont think its a self pride cuz what you see on the streets of New Orleans shouldnt be pride.

These people are way below normal standard and irony is that they live in biggest force in the world.

Thats not a pride,war is going on inside america and outside.
But more on cultural level,life style is enforced and we all are trying to reach it,so who is controling lifestyle is controling us and that is slavery-modern slavery coverd behaind the curain of "democracy"-read- freedom.

It is happening everywhere!

Its like Katrine revealed just a part of it!

# 4 02-09-2005 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
We cant go into any more debt now. We are pretty screwed in that department. I myself think that this hype about how sad all this is, is just crap. The people that stayed behind basically asked for the hurricane to kill them. "What, a F5 hurricane hitting right of the coast on a town below sea level,......sounds fun". On top of that, the constant riots and looting is not mandatory.

# 5 02-09-2005 , 11:20 PM
The Maya Mountain
it's too bad when people judge an entire nation based on what is shown on tv. No matter what that nation is.

# 6 02-09-2005 , 11:31 PM
Alienscience, while I'll agree that a number of people chose to stay behind, there were thousands of people that live in the New Orleans area who are just to poor to aford transportation out of the city. I know a bus or train ticket doesn't cost much but theres no way that greyhound and Amtrak could shuttle that many people to safety even running at max capacity for a week straight. Even if they could, when you don't know anyone who lives outside the region of the hurricane threat area, you're going to have to pay for a place to stay (hotel, motel, bed & breakfast, whatever). This brings us back to the poverty issue.

I seriously doubt anyone was "asking for the hurricane to kill them". Sure some who could afford to leave may have stayed behind out of ignorance or stupidity but neither ignorance nor stupidity make a person unworthy of help when they are in need.

Yes, the United States is in debt crisis but you can't put a price tag on human life. Imagine for a moment that you had a relative in there in need of food, water, and dry clothing. Would the national debt be a factor still? I certainly hope not.

In my humble opinion, these people need, warrant, and deserve the help of the United States Federal Government. They have a right to it as tax paying citizens. Why even have a government if it doesn't work for you; for the harded earned dollars you pay into it every year; and when you need it the most?

# 7 03-09-2005 , 01:16 AM
I was really disappointed when I watched something in the news about a paraplegic who was up in his attic during the hurricane. His entire family just abandoned him and ran off, even though he was calling out for help. Fortunately he was still alive and safe when the paramedics found him afterwards. user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.

# 8 03-09-2005 , 06:56 AM
Subscriber
... All the money in the world.. and neworleans is still Not up to par for a hurricane..because bush went to war with iraq?.. Thats bullshit.... New Orleans has been there, for what.. 150 years givbe or take.. with pretty much the same levee system .. and.. Bush gets the blame for it?.. Howz that?... Check back abou t5 or 10 years now.. Came up to a vote in the city... who wants new levee's.. who wants more money to attract turists.... The levee's got voted out.. .. again..blame it on th iraq war?... odd..i cant follow that logic...

The the person mentioning the united states turning down offers of foreighn assastiance.... How well do you think the Russian military.. or the venesualean military.. or the chinese military... or any other for that matter.. would take to being shot at by the People left stranded in N.O. whom they have come to resque... Thats an international incident we really Dont Need...

Iranian oil and money... Yup.. lets all agree to go into debt with the largest remaining terrorist state in the world.. Good Idea...

People staying and praying to the gods of hurricane death.. Bullshit again i say... Did no one see th eMAss exadus of people?.. the blocked roads.. even through the time the hurricane hit?.. Duno about you but.. were i on I-10 when a catagorey five hurricane comes ashore.. i think i'd head back to my house.. atleast then i'm not on a 38 foot wide bridge, sitting 350 feet above the water, which is somethign akin to 70 feet deep... Hopeing my little passenger car, which gets tossed around the road in 15 mile an hour winds, didnt get blown off the bridge in the 160 mile an hour winds...

and how bout the people as far north as LAurel Mississippi.. almost 100 miles off the coast.. compleatly destroyed.. ... Does one feel that they were asking to get killed because they didnt evacuate?...

:shakehead

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

# 9 03-09-2005 , 07:41 AM

armchair critics are worthless

Rather than posting in a 3d-related forum complaining about the US government or the president or whatever, people should do something more constructive, like contributing to the relief efforts. There are several options for making donations online. Criticism doesn't help anyone.

It doesn't matter who's right or wrong. It happened. It sucks. But we deal with it.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job

# 10 03-09-2005 , 02:38 PM
SM Tea Boy

Re: armchair critics are worthless

Originally posted by dannyngan
Rather than posting in a 3d-related forum complaining about the US government or the president or whatever, people should do something more constructive, like contributing to the relief efforts. There are several options for making donations online. Criticism doesn't help anyone.

It doesn't matter who's right or wrong. It happened. It sucks. But we deal with it.

Well said user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 11 03-09-2005 , 03:42 PM
Yes, I agree with the mods. Its horrible. Thousands of people dead and hundreds of thousands w/o shelter, food, and clothes, and water. It sucks. But, instead of blaming Bush for a hurricane, which he could not have stopped, we should help. Bush is one of the best presidents we have had so far, better then his dad, better then the liar Clinton, better then Nixon... etc. He is in Iraq, so that we dont repeat 9/11. Or Watergate, or so that the London Bombings lead to LA Bombings, or NY Bombings. But enough criticism. Meny charities and stuff are springing up all over the nation. I think it is our duty under God to help those who have nothing left, nothing to go back to, just nothing! Sorry for preachin' but I can't help it. I understand we are all "boohoo oh thats horrible. I just cant stand it, oh those poor people". You can help. I bet one out of every 10 schools in the nation (as many members of the site are still in school (I think)) has a donation fund. My school in Alabama has gathered 1500 $ in one day from donations. And we are a 1A school. Or when you pass a RedCross center with people stationed on the highways, or on roads, stop by and donate whatever, be it $1000 or $1. We can all complain, and nothing would happen . But if we all contribute, we can make it better. That's all I have to say. If you dont go with my opinion, forget what you just read. Sorry for wasting your time. For those who care, get out and do something about it.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 12 03-09-2005 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
I tried to volenteer to go down and help in the relief effort... my boss told me i would have no job when i returned if i left...
... Looking for a new job now... cant work for someone that cold hearted...

Donating some baby clothes and toys...

I hear they are looking for alot of stuff such as that, and pet supplies as well..If anyone is close like me to the area affected and wants to help...some idea's for you user added image

And to the Mods.. Very well said.. ... I agree totally.. i just have a hard time sitting back and letting someone bad mouth my country..who doesnt even live within its borders...Forgive?

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

# 13 03-09-2005 , 03:56 PM
Cool! Here in Gadsden we had many donations to mobile too... and biloxi... me and my parents donated about 10 5-gallon things of water. And bunches of canned food. And cool that yer in the heart of dixie too! I love AL.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 14 03-09-2005 , 05:49 PM
9/11 happend cuz you went out of you playground. You can not dictate to other nations how to live and I dont know whay cant you see that!!!

And trust me 9/11 is nothing comparing what has happend to my country...and funny...no one,NO one didnt care,no response,they let the war happening!

I REALLY FEEL SORRY 4 ALL PEOPLE TRAPPED IN N.O.

Bush!!!

One man,one MAN sends 10000 of youth to fight for someones else interest---God damn its oil=money.

And Clinton is bad cuz he took his pants off!

Kennedy was shot cuz he wasnt implementing theirs interest,who are they???
People who are forming global politics, I DONT think thats even Americans president but rather people who owns market,banks...

I dont blame Americans, but I dont justify your politic.

PLEASE dont get mad at me cuz I want to share my opinion,therefore my best wishes and prays goes out to these poor pople in NEW ORLEANS!

# 15 03-09-2005 , 06:29 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm pretty sure there are forums better suited for political flame wars. I'm also pretty sure we can all agree that people facing tragedy deserve sympathy and help from wherever people can offer it.