Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 31-05-2006 , 11:14 AM

Zord Character

My first time using maya,designed this character for a university project.Feel fre to tell me what you think as i am considering doing more maya projects next semester.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 31-05-2006 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
looks good for your first model. ... i like it

one thing that bothers me though is his hand which grips the sword ...there is no gripping ..it is more like his hand is there and the sword is just hanging in mid space.Also his left foot looks like it is floating off the ground

but i do like your model for first time it is good work..congrats ....hope to see more work

# 3 31-05-2006 , 05:30 PM
yeah a couple of people have meantioned those two things in class,i could probably fix it quite quickly.Thanks for your feedback,had a lot of fun playing about with the textures and bump maping

# 4 01-06-2006 , 12:58 PM
Nice for your first model. But the camera angle is not suitable. It appears that your main light source is coming from the right side. Try to position your camera on the same side so the viewer has the light source behind him (Just the same when you take a photograph).

# 5 07-06-2006 , 03:55 AM
It looks like a cool model - well done. At the moment though, I think that the background and ground plane are not really working with your character. I would try to put in a background that is a little less distracting.

# 6 13-09-2006 , 01:47 PM
Subscriber
kinda agree with fubaR about the light and the camera position,
but for your first model i really think you did a great job,
keep it up and good luck next semester with it. :p