Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 14-06-2003 , 06:20 PM
This works in Front page, not sure about Dreamweaver, try hitting Shift+Return. That should get you a line break instead of a paragraph.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 32 14-06-2003 , 07:18 PM
I didn't mean I was still having problems with it....it's just one of those things you can easily change or use a shortcut for.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 33 15-06-2003 , 02:55 AM
Hey Chad, Rage here.

I just wanted to help you out a bit with your new portfolio site,
by making it easier for you to edit, and to update in the futureuser added image

Check out the zip file below, and it contains your newly coded siteuser added image

If you were to RIGHT-CLICK and view the source code of the contained index.html page, you will notice that it is WAY lighter than Adobe GoLive made it, but still maintaining ALL of the functionality and moreuser added image
EXCEPT for that the scroll does not stop unless you move your mouse off of the scroll buttonsuser added image

Feel free to fix that if you want touser added image

A LOT of your old code was unnecessary, so I've pretty much had to rebuild your index page from scratch,
but since it was rather simple, it was easyuser added image

There is a css folder that contains the css document defining the layout and look of your fonts, links, etc.

Check the web for tutorials on css, and how to use it. (it is SO easy for NON-coders like you and meuser added image

The idea behind css is to completely separate CONTENT from LAYOUT and/or PRESENTATION, thus making the whole design process seamless, and easier to deal with.

It also is to help the users in terms of usability by making MANY things in your site modular, as well as to adhere to the W3C browser standards and compliance rules.

There is also a javascript folder that holds a document containing a useful script
that will break your page out of an evil persons framesetuser added image

I've also gone ahead and made the rest of your pages for you from this templateuser added image

ENJOY!

Attached Files
File Type: zip chadh.zip (477.5 KB, 131 views)

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 34 16-06-2003 , 11:14 AM
hey dude if u want you could make ur left image as a MAP IMAGE you could find a good program that can make that for u because if u try by hand it will suck believe me try MAP EDIT i think is the name of the program but as a map image u wont have the space problems between every link in the nav at the left user added image

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 35 16-06-2003 , 02:24 PM
now what do we learn from this people, dont insult dreamweaver or everyone here will linch u user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 36 16-06-2003 , 04:07 PM
Exactlyuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 37 16-06-2003 , 07:29 PM
I have found that Frontpage has perfect image maping toons.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 38 16-06-2003 , 07:38 PM
Do people even use image maps anymore? :p

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 39 16-06-2003 , 08:37 PM
Yep! Maps rockuser added image

Still W3C compliant (at this point anyway) for most major browsersuser added image

Dreamweaver's got a great mapping tool as well, but mapping has become such a standard practice, that as was said above, you can also find killer free mapping tools online everywhereuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 40 17-06-2003 , 02:14 AM
Wow, you guys... maybe there's some gals here too... I'm not biast... LOL... ARE AWESOME! Thank you for spending the time to update the my website, that's unbelievable that you guys would take the time and do that. Who woulda thunk it?!!!

I've tried both of your guys upates to my site out, and unfortunately they are a no go with me. howardporter's site fix works cool, but the images are still broken. Rage, your update has the images fixed perfectly, but the scrolling doesn't work on either Safari or IE for Mac. Bummer all around.

I want to thank everyone here who took the time to help me out. I'm really happy to say that Ultragames is going to be helping me produce a much better site than what I've already done, and I can't wait to see the final results. If it's anything like this thread, then it'll be great! I want emotions to fly high, and blood to spew... well maybe not the blood... HAHAHA!!!!

And by the way... Blender blows Maya out of the water... or something like that...

*begin the next flame war now*

# 41 17-06-2003 , 03:02 AM
SM Tea Boy
Begun the next flame war has :p

I think dreamweaver 4 is far superior to dreamweaver MX.

Fire away boys user added image

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 42 17-06-2003 , 05:00 AM
hehe.

And btw wchamlet, I will do everything in my power to help you in anyway possible. If that means coming to these Dreamweaver heads, than I will. I also have other forums based tward coding and designing that could help me. Between me, the people of SM and other great forums, im sure we can create a great web page.

But dont worry, I wouldn't use Dreamweaver code unless it was life or death, user added image

Fire away.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 43 17-06-2003 , 05:08 AM
Well, as much as I hate to say it, Safari isn't all that bad, however, Apple has stated that it is not standards compliant as of yetuser added image

Oh, Dave and Ultra, .....ahhh... I'm too tired... I'll continue this war in the morninguser added image hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 44 17-06-2003 , 11:23 AM
Only thing I've had problems with Safari in is signing in to certain sites. Hotmail continues to not want me to save my password, etc... I can sign in, just as long as I don't click the little save radio button. Other than that though, I'm pretty happy with it. It's not as feature rich as some browsers out there, but some things are cool. I really like tabbed browsing, and updating, organizing, and deleting bookmarks takes all of about 1-2 seconds. And like I stated earlier, this is the only web browser that correctly displayed my original designed site. Who woulda thought Apple would have made a web Browser anyway? I use to use IE exclusively, mainly because all the other browsers on Macs are even buggier than the IE flavor on the Mac. But I am glad Apple is releasing their own browser, because now we Mac users won't have to worry so much about incapatibility with other sites. I believe when Safari leaves it's beta stage it will probably be one of the best available browsers out there. But it's not like I'm in love with it or anything...

Anyway, apples truly are better than oranges people. And don't you forget it!

# 45 17-06-2003 , 02:52 PM
Well remember to keep 2 things in mind:

1. Apple, the us gov, and the other browser manufactures gave MS a LOT of crap for having an integrated browser, (god forbid).

So you might wanna be prepared for a little backlashuser added image

2. From what i understand, Safari will be/is Mac onlyuser added image
..or have we been mislead?

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com