Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-02-2011 , 12:14 AM

Help!! Side view has gone weird

Hi,

I was using the 4 view in Maya 10, and then switched to perspective, then i went to the side view and it was like this

How do i get it back to normal, please help
user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-02-2011 , 12:46 AM
right now you're on wireframe mode, i assume you're wanting to see your object on a shaded mode? to do so press 6

6 is to view the object on shaded mode and if you press 4 you will go back to the wireframe mode

# 3 22-02-2011 , 12:50 AM
No sorry i wasn't very clear at all.

The model i am working on is rounded and it could be seen rounded in the side view before i went off of it and then went back onto it. It has squared it off, as if putting a box around it. The other views are fine but the side view is the one i need.

Thanks in advance

# 4 22-02-2011 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber
You have bounding box selected - well thats what it looks like to me.

In the side view panel go to shading and in the first section turn it off - but on my PC just pressing 4,5,6 turns it off for me, so maybe its not that. Bounding box is used to speed up your viewpoint if there are lots of objects in there.

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 22-02-2011 , 01:19 AM

You have bounding box selected - well thats what it looks like to me.

In the side view panel go to shading and in the first section turn it off - but on my PC just pressing 4,5,6 turns it off for me, so maybe its not that. Bounding box is used to speed up your viewpoint if there are lots of objects in there.

Thank You, thats exactly what it was user added image