Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-09-2007 , 12:41 PM

Particle render error

Hi.

I've been trying to create an explosion effect using cloud particles. Everything is fine, except for at the end of its lifetime each particle flashes white. (see attatched picture.
I can't see any errors in the ramps I've used on rgbPP, incandescencePP, or opacityPP, they are all black at the top.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this error?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-09-2007 , 02:00 PM
Anyone know? If its any help - it seems to be when the particles are reaching 0 opacity at the end of their lifetimes.

# 3 09-09-2007 , 07:17 PM
Subscriber
clouds are s/w-particles.

in order to use opacityPP and stuff use a particle sampler node and connect it to the partivcle cloud shader...

color to color and so on....

# 4 09-09-2007 , 07:37 PM
I am not using a cloud shader on opacity, just a simple grey to black colour gradient. I am using a black, grey and white crater texture on blob map - but surely that couldn't be the problem or otherwise the particles would display the error during their whole lifespans.

I have also used particle samplers on colour, transparency and incandescence on the particle cloud shader.

Thanks

Last edited by 3dBloke; 09-09-2007 at 08:07 PM.