Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-01-2016 , 04:00 PM

Problems usig skeleton

Hello everyone! I just want to thank in advance to everyone who helps me with this problem

So, I started a school project in wich I modeled a little Sacboy and because I am going to animate it, I made it a skeleton. After tweaking the skeleton so it wouldn't distort when I try to move it, I selected both the model and the skeleton and tried to move them, but the skeleton doesn't move at the same rate of the model, so the end up in different places after I finish move them.So my question is, is there a way to "bind" both the skeleton and the model so I can move them to where I want?

# 2 20-01-2016 , 04:22 PM
EduSciVis-er
Yes, you would "skin" the model to the skeleton (Skin > Bind skin). There are a number of tutorials available for skinning and painting weights. Then you would just rotate the bones of the skeleton and the model would move along with it. Typically you add control curves to the bones to help you with animating. Hope that helps getting you started.