Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 61 12-06-2006 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
You're working pretty hard anf fast there mate.

The sooner you get it textured the sooner my Star Destroyer can whoop yo ass!

user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 62 12-06-2006 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
Heh.. I'll probably work on textures for it intermittantly with th enext project i'ma start,
I'm anxious to start that Ghost rider model though.. See what i can make of it..
I'll start a thread in a little while for it, with, if nothign else, a link to some reference pics so you'll be able to see what it is

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 63 13-06-2006 , 02:31 AM
Subscriber
HErs some new renders of the model
Thank Vlad for rendering them ...

G

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 64 13-06-2006 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
another

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 65 13-06-2006 , 03:01 AM
Subscriber
Wire frame

Attached Thumbnails

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 66 13-06-2006 , 03:08 AM
nice work man love the details you got going on there

# 67 13-06-2006 , 04:53 AM
Well, this is my first posting on simply maya. I just got Maya 7 unlimited a couple weeks ago and am still learning the tools. But that is one sweet model of DS9, I was using a freeware program called anim8or to create a voyager model.
Heres the link to what I have so far. https://lowellsweb.info/anim8or/voyager.html

You can find anim8or at https://www.anim8or.com however it's nothing compaired to Maya.

I'll transfer my Voyager model over to Maya once I've learned the program more. Right now I'm working on the Dog tutorial and it's comming along pretty well. I'll post that once it's done. If you get your DS9 finished I'd love a copy of it.

Anyways keep up the awsome work. Currently I'm unemployed due to downsizing so this newbe has lots of time to focus on the program. One of these days I'll be as good as you guys. Later for now and keep up the awsome work.

Lowell

Sorry about the bad links, I had a comma and a period that killed them. This should work now.

Last edited by Lowell; 13-06-2006 at 01:09 PM.
# 68 13-06-2006 , 04:56 AM
Subscriber
WEnt the look at your voyager, doesntseem to be an active link..

The modeling of the Ds9 is finished now.. i just have to motivate myself to LAy out the Uv's and texture it, then it'll be complete..
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 69 13-06-2006 , 07:52 PM
bad link was fixed on origional post. My bad, I had the links in a sentence and it read both the comma and the period.

# 70 31-08-2006 , 09:11 AM
Subscriber
loooooooks awesome!

# 71 13-09-2006 , 07:06 PM
Subscriber

Awsome work

Hey legendofzombi, awsome work matey, I posted in your M.F thread as well, being a fan of both ST and SW I think these are 2 great models to work on. I did a DS9 in Imagine 3D for the Amiga about 18 or so years ago, although it wasn't as detailed as yours, I mainly id it to wind a friend up, lol. You answered my question in your other thread on seprate geometry though, I tend to get abit worried when I start putting that many in there and also start worrying about the poly count, then you mentioned how many yours was upto. I will re iterate a question, what references are you working off? Are they model plans or are you getting proper blueprints from somewhere? Unfortunately I am woking off captured scenes and a few photos from various sources.

Great work. Would love to see it textured.

Last edited by Wraithe; 28-09-2006 at 07:58 PM.
# 72 24-10-2006 , 02:00 PM
Acid44
ive used anim8or before too and i have to say for something made on anim8or thats pretty good

as for the ds9 model wow nice detail workuser added image