Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 20-03-2007 , 07:11 PM
Yes, I've got that I few times, specially when I fiddled with fur on a large area. Don't know if it's Maya Fur that's buggy or lack of RAM. Probably a combination of the two...

# 17 23-03-2007 , 12:26 AM
Subscriber
hi mate, yes, when I get a better brief over the next few weeks I will keep you up to scratch on it. If it does get to TV (she has the footage from CH9) you can say you DID do a production and start hitting the funding bodies.., here's hoping.

most the pros here will tell you, its lucky if 1 out of 20 projects get up and running but cross your fingers.

thanks

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 23-03-2007 , 04:14 AM
DJ: Thanks for the reply. I do need more ram, my poor laptop has been struggling with how heavy my thylacine has gotten. I ordered some yesterday and can't wait till it gets here user added image

Mirek: Thanks for the update. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed! user added image

# 19 26-03-2007 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber
hi there, Marian and me sent you an e-mail about the animation.., you OK with that?

user added image

# 20 26-03-2007 , 11:28 PM
Subscriber
# 21 26-03-2007 , 11:54 PM
Your model's head reminds me of Stitch from Disney's "Lilo and Stitch."

user added image

# 22 27-03-2007 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
money?? this is the world of video, didnt you know, we are all poor, the world of beg and borrow.., should have made that clear but then again, see how the production goes and if we get funding

user added image

# 23 28-03-2007 , 07:01 PM
lol anthony, now whenever I look at my model its face does look like stitch. i modeled her mouth open like that to model all the teeth as accurately as i could, but now i'm having trouble closing it...
im working on closing it, and animating a little walk cycle now. also i have a question! to all the people who have texturing knowledge, i need to make stripes go along the backside of my model but i'm not sure how to do this...i'm also not sure if i want to keep the fur or not user added image but how can i add stripes without fur, and with fur? (also the stripes are black and have a white background while the rest of the animal is brown)

thanks!

# 24 29-03-2007 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
these might help some, if you need any as referances let me know user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 25 29-03-2007 , 04:22 AM
Subscriber
mate I have 'shave and haircut' if you need any help with the model as far as fur ect.., I might be able to help.., this is an amazing plugin, you have to sead me the file though.

take care

# 26 03-04-2007 , 02:35 AM
Hey thanks for the ref picture of the thylacoleo and the tip about shave and a haircut. I had to try it out and you weren't kidding, it's AMAZING and MUCH easier to use than Maya fur. So I take it your friend wants a modeled Thylacoleo rather then the model I'm working on right? If so let me know and I'll get on starting it...

I'll post an updated picture of my thylacine later tonight too...

# 27 04-04-2007 , 12:25 AM
Subscriber
hi mate, she is coming around today actually, I will talk to her and she will get back to you, I dont know the difference between one prehistoric mammal from the next (excuse my ignorance user added image ) so best she talks to you about that.

good to hear you got the shave and hair cut, its a ripper

glad you are still on the team user added image

I'll be editing, she is coming around today to log and capture