Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-01-2008 , 09:44 AM

MEL Script Help Needed

wot script shud i write to appear an object in my 10th frame....i mean suppose i've nothing but an object "ball" in my 1st frame and whn the animation of the ball reaches the 10th frame i want a "bat" to appear der in da 10th frame....i dont want to use dat visibility option or i dont want to do anything manually,all i want is 2 use MEL script......do any kno anythin bout it???

Last edited by Rehal; 22-01-2008 at 11:06 AM.
# 2 22-01-2008 , 02:06 PM
It would be eaiser to manually do it.

Your probably going to key the visibility anyway using the MEL script.

You would have to initially set the bats visibility to 0 (either using a varaible or setting it in the attribute editor then either set a variable to be the same as the time, then use an if statement to say when the time value of the time gets to 10 to set the visibility of the object to 1.

Its a simple script thats pretty easy to knock together, but you would be best off just keying the values.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 22-01-2008 , 02:24 PM
a detail explanation or example would b better....thank you

# 4 22-01-2008 , 02:28 PM
Unless I wrote the script for you, ive pretty much described what you need to do.

Do you know much MEL?

# 5 22-01-2008 , 02:37 PM
no..i dunno much about mel.....u kno y i want it?bcuz um animating smthin like a ball in frame 1 then in frame 2 there comes another ball then frame 3 another like this upto 452 frames :-(...um tired of making it invisible nd visible so that's y i asked for a shortcut to do this thing easily.....hope u understood...

# 6 24-01-2008 , 06:21 AM
why don't you just render out 1 ball and your bat, then import the images into flash and animate it there? you seem to know flash better, anyway.

Accept no substitutions.
# 7 25-01-2008 , 03:22 AM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
why don't you just render out 1 ball and your bat, then import the images into flash and animate it there? you seem to know flash better, anyway.

well brother,2 tell u da truth, um not evn gud in flash too :-( um much more better in maya rather than flash...

# 8 25-01-2008 , 01:28 PM
If you make a single MEL script and then nest it into an if statement to set off the creation then you'll be sorted, but your goingto have to lean MEL, OR do it manually and then copy and paste into where you want.