View Poll Results: Who should win this battle?
brian_ellebracht 10 83.33%
adldesigner 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 91 12-05-2003 , 09:55 PM
BTW can people start voting yet????
Brian

user added image user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 92 13-05-2003 , 12:27 AM
It looks real cool brian, very realistic.

More realistic then the "real" background you have user added image
But that's the quality, I know user added image

And as you said, the only thing that really needs work is the pollen (that's those things in the middle right? user added image)

Too bad you didn't have time to do a better composition adldesigner. It's looking nice though.

# 93 13-05-2003 , 12:51 AM
nice job brian an adls user added image

# 94 13-05-2003 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
WOW, brian.. what an amazing flower! One thing that strikes me in your final render.. is i loved some of the previous renders more.. it just looks so out of place, like you took the magic wand tool to the flower and slapped it ontop of a picture of your backyard user added image. Not trying to diss it, the floewr model itself is insanely good! Just i would of rendered it out with a bunch of other flowers, or from a different view, in a more realistic enviroment (in terms of where its placed). But i have to say... I AM PROUD! I was actually shocked you got a final in, no offence user added image. Wonderful though user added image, now i dont have doubt in ya user added image.

As for you adl.. damn.. i dont know how long you worked in maya before hand.. but that flower is great! Too bad you couldnt of rendered out a image of the flower.. but otherwise.. great job user added image.

The voting can start now.. as both final renders are in user added image. I have voted.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 95 13-05-2003 , 03:27 AM
Thanks M, I agree about the final image.. user added image Its just that in the rules the goal was to make a final render and composite it into a photo.. but I was at work and decided to finnish it quickly since Adl had allready put his final render in... so I had to search google for images... and it was taking forever,so I just picked one. SO yeah, the final render isn't quite good.. Soon I will make a better one, I have taken the correct photos that I need for my final composite for my site, and I will post them next week, promise. But this week... I am finally moving out of my parrents house! Talk to you guys later! Thanks for all the votes!
Brian

Hopefully me finnishing on time, will be the standard not the surprise from now on user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 96 13-05-2003 , 08:01 PM
Brian excellent composite bud.
I enjoyed quite a lot battling you, and I hope I get a chance at your gut in some other time. user added image

# 97 13-05-2003 , 09:35 PM
Adl, you kicked a$$ dudeuser added image

Can't wait to see you both battle again!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 98 13-05-2003 , 11:55 PM
same to you! Anytime you want, let me know. user added image The flower was alot more challenging than I thought that it was going to be! Great work to you as well,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 99 30-05-2003 , 05:56 PM
Note to self. NEVER challenge Brian.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 100 31-05-2003 , 12:46 AM
lol. you're funny!

Please check
My (old) website!
# 101 31-05-2003 , 01:33 AM
Nah. He´s a good mate.
I actually enjoyed it a lot.

I hereby award to Brian "ADL´s Two Thumbs Up Award"
Congratulations. user added image

# 102 31-05-2003 , 03:39 AM
Brian, you are the master of Maya on this forum. I could challenge you, but i don't expect i shall win.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!