Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-11-2003 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber

Strange results with paint effects!

I have painted lines under a transparent object and I don't want the painted lines to show through the transparent object. So I decided to make a plate the same colour as the transparent object to cover the paint effects.

The problem is that it covers everything apart from the starting points of the painted lines. I want it to cover thoses as well.
user added image
Can anyone out there help me?

_LIVID

# 2 13-11-2003 , 01:17 AM
I'm having trouble understanding...

Can you post an image to clarify your problem?

# 3 13-11-2003 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber
Sure, as you can see. The blocker covers all the paint effect apart from the start of the line.

Hope this explains the problem.

_LIVID

Attached Images
# 4 13-11-2003 , 01:36 AM
This may be a dumb question, but have you tried raising the circle up? They may exist in the same camera Z space, and the glow of the paint is breaking through.

# 5 13-11-2003 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
......... im a muppet!

Thankyou.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog